hello,

i am interessed in buying an audio interface for my guitar and a mic. I found these two interfaces quite interessting the m audio fast track that comes with pro tools software and in the other corner there is the line 6 studio pod ux 2 with the pod farm software.
now i use my multi effect pedal as an interface but this only works for my guitar and i have some latency issues with this.

so if anyone has some experience with these 2 i would appreciate some feedback

thx
I got the Line 6 Pod UX1, wich is pretty much the same as the UX2 but only with one guitar entry. I run Pod Farm through cubase 5 and the sound quality is pretty good. The only downside with pod farm is that it's pretty difficult to get a real metal tone. If you can get the metal addonn for pod farm it will solve the problem. This device is really simple to install and use. Overall i'd give a 7.5 out of 10. Pretty decent for the price
i forget to mention, i have sonar and guitar rig do the interfaces work with that?
If you want tO mic cabs, the M-audio's pre-amps are a but weak, and don't work good for low volume recording. They work fine when DI'd tho, or if you don't need alot of preamp gain.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
the pod studio works pretty well. my friend used to have one. we both recently moved to presonus audiobox interfaces. they sound great and have extremely low latency. i would say NONE but you know there is probably like 2 or 3 ms or something like that haha. and that is saying a lot fro my computer because everything has latency on this thing.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I recomend the M-Audio fast track, I've used both and it's defiantly the better.
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Quote by InanezGuitars44
the pod studio works pretty well. my friend used to have one. we both recently moved to presonus audiobox interfaces. they sound great and have extremely low latency. i would say NONE but you know there is probably like 2 or 3 ms or something like that haha. and that is saying a lot fro my computer because everything has latency on this thing.

the audio box is what i would say aswell.
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
As this topic interests me I have a question to add. Any truth to the matter of the m audio not working well with windows computers? I read somewhere you need a mac? Excuse my ignorance on this.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
The Pro-Tools that comes with the Fast Track is not a full version, just letting you know. I found that out when I got my Fast Track Pro, I use Cubase 5.

boxcarmonument - The Fast Track Pro works fine with Windows 7, I haven't had any problems with it.
i had no problems with mine, after i downloaded the latest driver.
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
^^^^ Thanks
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Quote by boxcarmonument
^^^^ Thanks

no problem, although i would reccomend the audiobox.
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Fast track works over here with Vista too. Who needs pro tools, I use Reaper and may "aquire" a better program in the future. I tried Reason, but it seems more towards MIDI controllers and keys.
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Last edited by nowa90 at Mar 26, 2011,
i just took a look at the presonus interface and i think this is a lot better dan the other two here, i see it comes also in a package with mic and studio one artist software. i think i will go for that one. anyone has worked with the studio one artist software? is it as good as it looks??
Quote by maertimax
i just took a look at the presonus interface and i think this is a lot better dan the other two here, i see it comes also in a package with mic and studio one artist software. i think i will go for that one. anyone has worked with the studio one artist software? is it as good as it looks??

I honestly would start with reaper. you get studio one light with the "1box", which doesn't support third party plug-ins (all the good ones are third party, lol), you can upgrade to the pro version, but it's $200.

Reaper is free, works with third party plugins, and is super easy to use and light on your processor. I got studio one with my audiobox, and cubase with my fasttrack, and i use reaper above either of them.

Also, the mic that the 1box comes with would be good for vocals and acoustic guitar, but not so great for micing guitar cabs. An SM57 is pretty much the standard for rock and meta and they are about $100l, although the E609 and i5 are also good mics.

You could get a knock off SM57 for like $30. They sound close, but it's not the real deal. Here's a link:

http://www.speakerrepair.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=37-206&Category_Code=microphones
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
studio one is a good program. you can't use 3rd party plugins which is a bummer. i actually use mixcraft for all my recording needs and it works great for me. for a beginner not really interested in a bunch of plugins, studio one is not a bad deal.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
The fast track is pretty cheaply threw together IMO. You can pick up one of the old mbox (The first ones.) for pretty cheap on eBay, i got mine for £40, much cleaner and much nicer preamps, much more durable than the fast tracks too. Good deal considering they were £200 new...

Cant speak for the line 6.

The presonus is a great little interface.

I'd use reaper if you cant afford the full Pro Tools/Logic, or are too much of a goody two shoes to pirate em like the rest of the interwebz.

Also, win 7 and vista suck balls for producing (Especially vista...). They have a lot of compatibility issues with hardware/sequencers at the minute and aren't really specced for audio production. I'd reccomend downgrading to XP and turning off all the pretty pointless visual enhancements untill microsoft sorts Win 7 out.