These are the two effects pedals I've been suggested most for metalcore playing. Obviously the amp, guitar, and of course player, matter even more.

I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions/warnings/experiences with these two pedal, that would suggest that one is better than the other.

Also, if you can think of a superior pedal for metalcore, please let me know.

Thanks
My buddy plays one with his jackson V, he loves it. I just never thought it sounded very metalcore-ish. Maybe its his amp/effect setup. He's more of an ozzy/metallica/van halen guy.
i have a boss metalcore that i found awhile ago, but i dont use it alot because i dont really play metalcore-ish stuff and my amps distortion is fine for metal, but its decently nice. definitely fits the part. a bit harsh for my taste, but free is free
The Metal core is a piece of garbage unless its Keeley modded. Its thin, fizzy and just plain bad.

The Metal Muff is better, but there are far better pedals out there. I own one of these and it's ok, but there are better options.
my friend uses a metal muff, i prefer amp distortion but the metal muff is pretty decent
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
A modded MT-2 Metalzone is what I use. I had 0 experience modding and I modded my MT-2 to sound infinitely better than the Metalcore and Metal Muff.
I use a metalcore and with the right amp and pedal setting it can sound realy sick. a decent quality amp with always sound better though ive neever used a metal muff so i have no comment on those
AMP:
Rocktron chameleon 2000
Roland GP16
Audio Technica wireless
Peavey valveking
Clydesdale custom case
GUITAR:
Indie super T black (modded with active and passive pickups)
Daisy Rock Rock Candy Special
Quote by VishNuRoXoUt
A modded MT-2 Metalzone is what I use. I had 0 experience modding and I modded my MT-2 to sound infinitely better than the Metalcore and Metal Muff.

If I recall, the Metal Muff is the same circuit as the MT2 but with a different EQ section. One of the guys from The Sword uses the Metal Muff. Crowbar uses the MT2.
Quote by Somekid94
The Metal core is a piece of garbage unless its Keeley modded. Its thin, fizzy and just plain bad.

The Metal Muff is better, but there are far better pedals out there. I own one of these and it's ok, but there are better options.

don't you think perhaps mentioning what would be better would be helpful?

i have a Metal Muff and find it to be the best distortion pedal around. i've owned a tonof different distortion pedals over the years and like the MM the best. digiteck's hardwire metal distortion is an excellent pedal as well.
While I don't play metalcore or any "core"....
I have a Boss MT-2. Its sitting in my pile of unused pedals now. I replaced it with a Digitech Hardwire TL-2. Its WORLDS better than the MT-2 IMO. It has more "balls"than the MT-2
Quote by monwobobbo
don't you think perhaps mentioning what would be better would be helpful?

i have a Metal Muff and find it to be the best distortion pedal around. i've owned a tonof different distortion pedals over the years and like the MM the best. digiteck's hardwire metal distortion is an excellent pedal as well.

Try some high end stuff if you haven't already. Which I assume you haven't, if you think the Metal Muff is the best distortion pedal available.
Quote by TheRipperA7X
Ever looked at a Boss MT-2? I use one

umm...

MT-2 = Metalzone
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
I used a Metal Muff for a long time and loved it.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by WtrPlyr
Try some high end stuff if you haven't already. Which I assume you haven't, if you think the Metal Muff is the best distortion pedal available.

shouldn't ASSume things. i've tried all kinds of distortion pedals through my 30+ years of playing. no offense but if the fuzz's in your profile are your idea of "good" then we aren't on the same page. as i'm sure we both know sound is subjective so there is no reason that "for me" the EH Metal Muff can indded be the "best". it delives a wide variety of tones that i find useful and appealing.

i'm certainly open to suggestions though.
The metalcore is a terrible worthless pedal. The metal zone is good, and great when nodded.

The hands down best "budget" metal pedal is the Hardware Metal Distortion. It sounds way better than it costs. The pedals youre looking at dont even compare.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
There are definitely better pedals out there, but what's your current set up?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
There are definitely better pedals out there, but what's your current set up?
and budget
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by darkwolf291
I own the Pocket Metal Muff, which I got for $65. There are better, but they cost way more. For the price, it can't be beat imo.

+1. I used to run one of these with a Valveking 212 and it was a solid rig on a budget. I also compared it to the Metalzone, Metalcore and others in store when I bought it and it beat those all at 2/3 the price.
Well heres to all og you who suggested a Metal Muff. I now own one. I tried out the Metal Zone as my buddy had left his at my place so I just gave it a go, and wasn't very impressed with the sound variety. No matter how I set it up I just felt like I was gearing up for some matallica riffing. I gave the metalcore a shot at daddy's junky music (I dnon't know if they exist outside of new england, but awesome second hand and new), but again, I didn't feel like it had the versatility of the metal muff. Of course I played around with the metal muff as well, and liked it. It has the right sound, and the right amount of customizability to let me play around with my sound. Plus I got it for $50 in perfect condition because someone returned it after a couple weeks.

So Metal Muff obtained... next onto an ibanez or ESP LTD, then a Mesa Boogie.
Quote by rancor12
Well heres to all og you who suggested a Metal Muff. I now own one. I tried out the Metal Zone as my buddy had left his at my place so I just gave it a go, and wasn't very impressed with the sound variety. No matter how I set it up I just felt like I was gearing up for some matallica riffing. I gave the metalcore a shot at daddy's junky music (I dnon't know if they exist outside of new england, but awesome second hand and new), but again, I didn't feel like it had the versatility of the metal muff. Of course I played around with the metal muff as well, and liked it. It has the right sound, and the right amount of customizability to let me play around with my sound. Plus I got it for $50 in perfect condition because someone returned it after a couple weeks.

So Metal Muff obtained... next onto an ibanez or ESP LTD, then a Mesa Boogie.

cool enjoy.