If there's no brand on the headstock then it could just be a custom job, body with pickups/electronics from one guitar with a new neck that someone preferred to the original. Or a complete custom, parts from various places and manufacturers put together to the owners taste. I did a similar thing with my strat, beats the hell out of any fender. Great wood for the body, lush satin finish neck, 80s fender strat pickups, yet no brand on the headstock.

To be honest, if you like it then it shouldn't matter what it is anyway Looks pretty nice by the way, hope it's a good one!
PRS SE Chris Robertson
PRS SE EG
PRS SE Angelus Custom
Yamaha SF1000 (Both of 'em)

Laney L20H Lionheart
Marshall 1936 w/ Eminence

Rather large pedalboard..
Quote by makutoid
If there's no brand on the headstock then it could just be a custom job, body with pickups/electronics from one guitar with a new neck that someone preferred to the original. Or a complete custom, parts from various places and manufacturers put together to the owners taste. I did a similar thing with my strat, beats the hell out of any fender. Great wood for the body, lush satin finish neck, 80s fender strat pickups, yet no brand on the headstock.

To be honest, if you like it then it shouldn't matter what it is anyway Looks pretty nice by the way, hope it's a good one!

Yeah, the body is really thin, but really comfortable to play, and it has a good tone, definatly worth $25 to me.

I was jsut wondering if anyone knew what it was, it's got some weird looking pickups too.
Might be a Kay or Harmony or something of that nature.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Looks like a Teisco/Teisco rebrand to me. Just judging by the pickups, the hardware, and the headstock. I own a Kingston with the same headstock, and just a sticker for a logo, so whatever rebrand yours was, it's sticker may have come off.
Everything seems to be pointing towards a Daimaru Teisco from the 60's, can anyone corroborate this?
Those are some sweet looking pickups!
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
the fact that you got it in that condition says alot. thats was a MASSIVE loss for the guy selling you cant find one that even has everything in it for less than 100-150 bucks you my friend got a great deal on that guitar

and nice pick on the pick on your amp. i play the exact Dunlop Tortexi(Tortexes?) too lol
Last edited by Destinyrider22 at Mar 26, 2011,
Hehe, I have those as well if they're Tortex picks. HNGD, what a steal. I've never found a bargain like that aside from the time I picked an Epiphone nylon string out of a bin.
My Gear:
Suzuki Classical Guitar from 60s
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Monterey Steel String Acoustic
Maton M255 Steel String Acoustic
Agile AL-3100 w/ EMG 81/85
Bugera 6262-212
Quote by Destinyrider22
the fact that you got it in that condition says alot. thats was a MASSIVE loss for the guy selling you cant find one that even has everything in it for less than 100-150 bucks you my friend got a great deal on that guitar

and nice pick on the pick on your amp. i play the exact Dunlop Tortexi(Tortexes?) too lol

Yeah, I bargained him down from $35 too Watching 'American Pickers' has payed off. It's missing the shaft and cog to the High E tuner, but that's an easy fix. Best picks imo.
yes they're the best for people like me who have big hands i cant stand less than 1mm picks anyway but the 1.14mm ones are perfect they're also easier to doodle and write on (they seem to hold Sharpie ink better)
Looks like a Teisco to me. Not sure what that ones worth but i heard a case where just a sticker logo off a Teisco Spectrum V went for $350....and thats just the sticker logo
Could be one of a number of Japanese made guitars like Kay, Sivertone, Teisco, Harmony or any one of the Japanese brands made at the same time. These guitar are becoming more collectible and bringing in some decent prices for $25.00 you stole it.

To me it looks more like a Sivertone/Sears model. Check old Sears catalogs online.
John

“A wise man makes his own decisions, an ignorant man follows public opinion”
Looks very similar to my Heit Deluxe. (It's just another vintage crappy guitar)

Same bridge, same tuners, same exact headstock.. Hell, exact same neck altogether.

I think it's safe to just say it's a cheapie Jap guitar like mine. I want to say it's a Heit, though..