Dear GG&A,

All of my amps have an extremely annoying buzz. Why, you may ask. I have no idea. It buzzes on multiple amps, with AND without pedals, with multiple chords, using multiple guitars. It's extremely annoying. Here is what I have tried;

Every guitar (Gibson Les Paul, Agile EMG Floyd, Epiphone Thunderbird [which I received today, no NBD thread due to the bass forums general hate for them, although I love them], Jay Turser 13DC and Jay Turser Violin Bass)

Into every amp (Peavey Vypyr, Peavey Audition 110, Fender Rumble 15 [I'm poor and get decent sounds, do not mock me), and my friend's Fender tube amp [forgot the model]).

With every chord (I have 6, all the ones I remember are a Monster and a Fender one)

With/without my pedals (Digitech Screamin' Blues, RP255, PDS 1550, and PDS 1700)

Along with trying out every combination possible, I have tried multiple outlets, including running power straight from the panel to assure it's not anything else plugged in and tried a choke (a Hum-X that's not marked up to $70)

The ONLY things I have found that makes a difference is if the lights are on or off. Cell phones, computers, TV's, etc, do not make an audible difference, including when they're all off at once, or dialing the tone pots down all the way, or the treble equalizer on the amp down all the way.

So, GG&A, what could it be? Are all my caps blown? Does my city/house have terrible wiring? What is it!

Tl;dr, go back and read it, I need help!
its probably bad power. try to take your amps and gear somewhere else to see if you get the same buzz.
[Cool Post-N00b of the Pedalboard Thread]
Guitars:Fender Am. Standard Telecaster, Gibson SG
Amp:Fender Blues Jr.
Pedals:EQD Dream Crusher->Polytune->PH-1r->Fulldrive 2->Barber LTD->Catalinbread DLS->CE-3->Strymon El Capistan->EQD Ghost Echo
Grounding issue with your house's power.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Power conditioners are for just that purpose, but I don't know enough about them to recommend something.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Really any of the Furman conditioners would suit you, but make sure its the location's power by trying another place.
Bumping my old own thread because the problem persists and I don't feel like making a new one.

I still haven't been able to try out my gear at another place, but I got a power conditioner (Furman, as suggested, happened to inherit one), but it literally didn't help at all. So far the ground on the outlet works, it's going through a power conditioner, and I even tried one of those ferrite clip on things and it didn't change the buzz at all. Lights off reduces it, turning the tone to 0 turns off the buzz except while actually playing...

So, any more advice? I'd be grateful for it still.
Take some audio of the buzz. Play through the amp and then stop, and let us hear the buzz. Also sweep your guitars volume all the way up or down.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Quote by Gundamnitpete
Take some audio of the buzz. Play through the amp and then stop, and let us hear the buzz. Also sweep your guitars volume all the way up or down.

The best I could get is from amp to computer because I have no mic, but then the extra layer of noise from recording is added.
DO you live under or near High Tension power lines? If so the BUZZ is your lot (without some really expensive house electrical insulation). My mate lives 500metres away from 11Kv power lines & the fluro light in his practice shed cant be turned off, due to the electrical "noise" comming from them, playing electric there (in my opinion) is out of the question cause of the 50Hz hum/buzz.

Play acoustic!!
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!
Last edited by Dix_Fix at May 7, 2011,
Quote by Dix_Fix
DO you live under or near High Tension power lines? If so the BUZZ is your lot (without some really expensive house electrical insulation). My mate lives 500metres away from 11Kv power lines & the fluro light in his practice shed cant be turned off, due to the electrical "noise" comming from them, playing electric there (in my opinion) is out of the question cause of the 50Hz hum/buzz.

Play acoustic!!

If what you're saying is true (not doubting you, just have never heard that before) then I'm screwed. There's high tension lines right above my backyard.
^ Owned.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
You might try getting a noise suppressor like an ISP Decimator, it'll reduce noise tremendously.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
What you think I just had a lucky guess!! wisthekiller
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!
Quote by Dix_Fix
What you think I just had a lucky guess!! wisthekiller

Nah, you apparently know your stuff! While walking to the front of my house the buzz gets less (had someone stand in the room, it wasn't cause of distance) and once I get to the metal doorframe it stops. Is the doorframe shielding it or something?