Hey there, I recently purcoftware. I was wondering if there was a way I could get hased a Line6 UX1 and with that came the Live7 sthe test tone to only play while I play my recording. I have my podfarm open while recording and it plays twice (the podfarm and testtone) which intereferes with my playing and it is inconvienient to turn the test tone off and on everytime I want to hear my recording. I know I could mute the podfarm and leave the testtone on, but its a second behind and it also interferes with my playing.
What do you mean by Live7 and test tone?

Oh I think you mean Ableton Live7...but I'm not sure exactly what you mean regarding test tone? Do you mean the tone you hear in Ableton?

Are you running pod farm as standalone or VST?
Last edited by Meelad360 at Mar 26, 2011,
Sorry I should've been more clear. Yes I do mean abletone Live 7 and the tone I hear in ableton.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by standalone or VST, this is the first time I've tried recording through my computer..I'm definetely a newb when it comes to recording
Quote by kammy1221
Sorry I should've been more clear. Yes I do mean abletone Live 7 and the tone I hear in ableton.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by standalone or VST, this is the first time I've tried recording through my computer..I'm definetely a newb when it comes to recording

It's quite alright, we've all been through that one time or another.

Well it's easier in my opinion to run Pod Farm within Ableton. My explanation may not be super accurate but here's the gist:

You can either run Pod Farm as a separate program from Ableton, or you can run Pod Farm within Ableton. What I'm thinking you're doing is running Pod Farm separately. The easier way to do things is to run Pod Farm as a VST (Virtual Studio Technology) within Ableton. This way, you record the dry signal from your guitar and Pod Farm is applied to the dry signal, rather than directly recording the affected signal. I'm not familiar with Ableton however, so I wouldn't be able to help you there, sorry

But if you run Pod Farm as a VST, you'll only hear one tone. Also, if you decide later down the line that you don't like the tone, you can change it without rerecording, whereas with recording the affected signal you'd have to rerecord the part.