Hey, I've been playing guitar for many years now and was wondering at what stage anchoring is considered anchoring. I very gently rest my pinky and ring finger tips on the guitars body below the strings, but never on the bridge or the strings.

I'd like very much to correct this if it's going to have a negative impact on my playing, so please let me know your thoughts on what you consider anchoring,

Thanks in advance
as long as it's not hindering the movement of your hand/wrist, and you're not using it to rely on as to know where the strings are, then go at it.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Just try and play real basic stuff (For example Crazy Train Riff) and focus on keeping your finger on the fretboard. Thats how i did it and it only took a few hours to get down.
Mudda brudda man - use the searchbar - there's a sh_t ton of info about this on here.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
inb4 anchoring flame war
Quote by SonOfPest
Its the Lydian mode; formed in Eastern Arabia when the Persians invaded England.

Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
try the sexolydian scale.
quite divided in opinion from what ive read from diff guitarists,if it aint constricting u why change
If your fingers are relaxed and are free to move, that's fine.

If your fingers are pressing lightly into the guitar, that's mildly detrimental.

If you're pressing hard into the guitar, that's bad.