Hey there, quick question !

I'm going to buy this pedal for the OD chanel.

But I'd like to know if the "compression" channel is in fact like a "Boss Compression Sustainer" ?

I don't need the compression but if it is like any other compression pedal out there, it's always good to have!

Thanks!!!
just so you know, you buy the OD channel alone, its called the Route 808.

The compressor is a compressor, i think of higher quality than the Boss CS-3, but tone is a matter of opinion. The compressor will squash your sound, if you set it too high it will make you sound like a Tele twangin' country player, but if not it just boosts the lows, brings down the highs, evens out your sound. I would experiment with a compressor, as some people like the squashed sound, some people prefer an open sound, but the overdrive does present some compression of its own.
Just a word of advice: I hope you have a noise gate. A friend of mine has that pedal and when you turn on the compressor, it gets extremely noisy. At least on his. If not, like the post above, you can just get the Route 808 (which sounds great to my ears).
there's a guy on ebay who sells the route 66 cheaper than the 808, so... !

but thanks for the info, so it's a cool compressor aswell!
Quote by Zalu
Just a word of advice: I hope you have a noise gate. A friend of mine has that pedal and when you turn on the compressor, it gets extremely noisy. At least on his. If not, like the post above, you can just get the Route 808 (which sounds great to my ears).

Most compressors are noisy. They bring everything up to the same level, noise included. It's the nature of them.
you mean audio feedback ? the "iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" ?
Last edited by alans056 at Mar 26, 2011,