After dealing with my ibanez RG370DX crappy stock pickups for a while, I've decided I want to switch them out. I'm a big thrash metal fan and I wanna get a good sound for that type of music (think Megadeth, Testament, Anthrax, etc.).

I also play Shred/Neoclassical styles and I need a good lead pickup. I'm after a lead sound like Jason Becker, Marty Friedman, and Chris Broderick. I know that they all play on the neck pickup but that doesn't narrow it down much!

I'm set between either DiMarzio or Seymour Duncan so please don't suggest any other brands. Is mixing brands a good idea (like, a Duncan JB bridge and a DiMarzio Evo in the neck)?

- humbuckers
- the body of the guitar is basswood, neck is maple and fingerboard is rosewood, if any of that matters

Thanks in advance!!!
What amp are you using?
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
d-activators, full shred, Blackouts, Invader etc

Btw Pickup questions go in the pickups thread.
I personally like DiMarzios. Chris Broderick used DiMarzio quite heavily. Not sure on the models. Becker uses Duncan... just do some research on the artists's choices of pickups, listen to song samples and decide from there
Bareknuckle Coldsweats. Saw them today, just awesome for that tone your looking for.

EDIT: Please take it to the Which Pickup? Thread
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Quote by matt154
d-activators, full shred, Blackouts, Invader etc

Btw Pickup questions go in the pickups thread.

Full Shred is 7 strings only (at least in Canada where I live), and I'd rather avoid active pickups. I'll look into the others thanks

Sorry I didn't know there was a pickup thread
Quote by nowa90
Bareknuckle Coldsweats. Saw them today, just awesome for that tone your looking for.

EDIT: Please take it to the Which Pickup? Thread

I was looking at those but they're not available in Canada..
Quote by Chuckles1234
I was looking at those but they're not available in Canada..

Eh? You mean they don't have them in stores there or they don't ship there? I'd definitely recommend bareknuckes if you can afford them.
Quote by matt154
Eh? You mean they don't have them in stores there or they don't ship there? I'd definitely recommend bareknuckes if you can afford them.

I can't find any stores in Canada that have them, or any Maerican stores that ship to Canada