If I block my Jackson Licensed Floyd Rose in my Kelly KE3, will this let me down tune without jumping through the normal hoops?

If so, could someone link a good article on how to do so?
Yes and a great way to block it is to buy a Tremel-No you basically install it like you would install a spring in the back and TA-DA! your bridge is fixed into place and all the tuning BS is gone. But seriously the Tremel-no is best i think. a little more hassle for better results
IF you mean, "will blocking let me freely tune my guitar to whatever I please at the cost of losing the ability to use my trem?" then yes.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614226

Second picture in the first post.
As long as whatever you put inbetween the tremblock and the body is strong and keeps the bridge level to the body you'll be fine.
Quote by Destinyrider22
Yes and a great way to block it is to buy a Tremel-No you basically install it like you would install a spring in the back and TA-DA! your bridge is fixed into place and all the tuning BS is gone. But seriously the Tremel-no is best i think. a little more hassle for better results

I agree wholeheartedly. I spent about 2 hours looking over their website yesterday in complete awe about how I've never heard of this device after playing on a FR for 4 years. However, I just bought a new amp so unfortunately I'm a little strapped for cash.
Quote by siverstorm
IF you mean, "will blocking let me freely tune my guitar to whatever I please at the cost of losing the ability to use my trem?" then yes.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614226

Second picture in the first post.
As long as whatever you put inbetween the tremblock and the body is strong and keeps the bridge level to the body you'll be fine.

Yes that's what I mean.

That post seems to imply that I need to restring my guitar. Do I? Also it isn't very specific on blocking, it seems to just be concerned with the Floating Bridge system.
Basically that post was regarding maintaining the floyd and whatnot.

Blocking is essentially exactly what was in the second picture.
(they go on to explain the restringing process, but if you keep the block in even restringing becomes massively easier)
All you need is a piece of wood, strong plastic, etc that you can put in the same position which will also keep the floyd level to the body.

That block stays in to keep the bridge from moving and then you can unlock the nut and tune to whatever you wish.
I know what blocking the bridge is, I was just wondering if someone had a really good article on how to do so.

I tried Google but all I get is typical Google nonsense and spam.
From google image search:

It's not terribly difficult.

Detune a bit
Fit block in so bridge is level to body
Ta-da
Quote by Immora
I know what blocking the bridge is, I was just wondering if someone had a really good article on how to do so.

I tried Google but all I get is typical Google nonsense and spam.

Quote by Immora

Quote by Immora
I was just wondering if someone had a really good article on how to do so. .

Quote by Immora
a really good article on how to do so. .

Please.
Find a block of the right size to fit between the tremolo block in the cavity at the back and the wall of the cavity. Jam the sucker in there. No guide necessary, see the post above yours.
My Gear:
Suzuki Classical Guitar from 60s
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Monterey Steel String Acoustic
Maton M255 Steel String Acoustic
Agile AL-3100 w/ EMG 81/85
Bugera 6262-212