so i recorded a song and i am pretty happy with it, but when i showed it to my girlfriend she said that in the beginning the drums and guitar didn't seem to match or something. but she couldn't really explain why or how. just looking for a critique of the beginning of this song so that maybe i can get an idea of A. how i can improve it if it doesn't sound right or B. whether it is just a preference thing and she doesn't prefer it haha.

it's the first song "Amaranth"

purevolume.com/westlentz
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
sounds more like a mixing issue. maybe try and accent the guitar notes on the downbeat and lower the drum volume for the accoustic section...I actually really like the song though
thanks! i'll definitely try remixing the drums. maybe even take them out at the beginning. who knows
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
i changed it, but i think i am going to make one more revision

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
just put up my hopefully final revision

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣