so, I've hit the wall. the point of no return in building my home studio. basically i have no money left to give and my patience is at an all time low. how have you, members of the Pit, gotten past this point? really, i just need motivation to keep pressing on lol. basically, what are your stories of overcoming adversity, both from your own mind and from outside sources of negativity in the world of music?
This one time, there was some adversity, and I kicked it's ass. Just keep on keepin' on man. It'll all be worth it in the long run.
Nikolas
Quote by ROCK=ZEPPELIN
This one time, there was some adversity, and I kicked it's ass. Just keep on keepin' on man. It'll all be worth it in the long run.

Do you got a job?

I mean my home "studio" consists of my Mac my interface and my instruments. I just got a keyboard and Im now saving for some mics and a pair of monitors. I think Ive shelled out over $1200 over the last 3 YEARS. Its all just patience and budgeting man. Rome wasn't built in a day but your studio will be built faster if you plan it out right.
Quote by Jako215
Do you got a job?

I mean my home "studio" consists of my Mac my interface and my instruments. I just got a keyboard and Im now saving for some mics and a pair of monitors. I think Ive shelled out over $1200 over the last 3 YEARS. Its all just patience and budgeting man. Rome wasn't built in a day but your studio will be built faster if you plan it out right.

youre right. and yes, i have a job (radio shack) but im just so damned frustrated lol. its simple: move on, toughen up, kick all the ass thats laid in front of me. Its just so discouraging.
I feel as if you are asking everyone of the internet to be a motivational speaker.

I'd say what you need to do is learn how to suck it up and work with what you have. I have about 300 dollars worth of recording gear and get by pretty well because I have some tricks. I'm not sure how much money you really need, or if you started out with much to begin with. I mean, did you buy a mic then realize you were broke?
Quote by ROCK=ZEPPELIN

Cubs fans know all about keepin' on.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.