Hey guys.

I wanna change the strings in my current guitar. It came with D'Addarios. But it didn't say what gauge.

I bought some D'Addarios Regular Light gauge (10). But since I don't know which gauge it came with I don't know if I'll have to adjust the truss rod.

Thanks!
Depends what tuning you play. Higher tuning = thinner strings. Lower tunings = heavier strings so you can keep the tension in the neck even.
-------------------------------------------------
facebook.com/thesedrowningtides
youtube.com/thesedrowningtides
-------------------------------------------------
Take it to a shop. They will probably have a tool (calipers) that will let them check it. They'll also probably be happy to do it for free if you're planning on buying strings, since it would take them literally less than a second to check it. You could also check the manufacturer's website, look up your model, and see if they list what gauge strings it ships with.
Quote by CarpUK
Beat the recession by soldering your strings back together! What's more, the extra metal vibrating back and forth will add to your tone... and what could be more metal than more metal!?!

Quote by biga29
Plz uz reel wurdz bcoz wen u tipe lik this its hard 2 red.
Quote by danimalhxc
Depends what tuning you play. Higher tuning = thinner strings. Lower tunings = heavier strings so you can keep the tension in the neck even.

Depends on how much tension you like in the strings. Some people (like SRV) use 13's in E standard. The truss rod is there for a reason
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Almost always, unless specified guitars will come stock with 9 gauge.
You can probably get away with going to 11 gauge strings without having to adjust the guitar.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
a lot of guitars come with 9's or 10's. sometimes the manufacturer will post on their website what gauge strings they put on their guitars so this may be a start. for example on the esp/ltd website they have a little chart with the string gauges they put on their guitars/basses.
wow! so many responses! thank you so much guys! Akira, I found the chart, thanks!
nearly all guitars come with 9-42 or 10-46's

more so the 9-42s because they're all mostly setup for standard on the shelfs
what sort of guitar?

if you have a floating bridge it will need adjustment if the string gauge is different, even by only a small amount (eg 9's to 10's).
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
most guitars or atleast every one of the 3 ive bought and others ive played at shops have 9-42 as stock strings