So I shouldn't be contemplating this as I might be losing my job soon, (someone stole from my cash lane, so I am guilty of not catching it in time). I shouldn't be considering this but I want to go from a combo to a head and cab. I got the head in mind, but for a cab, I am not sure. right now I play through a 1x15, but I am curious about a 2x10. I play the spectrum from treble to bass heavy. If I was to have only one cab which would be best?
how many watts/ohms? are you looking for another 15 a 210 or both? and budget?
no sir away a papaya war is on
I play a fender bxr200, which I really like, but it's got some design flaws #1 being it weighs 100 pounds. I want to buy a GK MB200, and get a 2x10, or a 1x15 cab (not both). I am curious what the difference is between a 1x15 and a 2x10 in terms of tone.
If I could have only one cabinet for bass, it would be a 4x10. You can always turn a big rig down. You can't always turn a small rig up enough.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
I saw a band from the netherlands play here, and their bass player had a small 2x10, I'm just now getting to the point gigs might be in my foreseeable future, clubs and small venues, no need for a big 4x10
Quote by FatalGear41
If I could have only one cabinet for bass, it would be a 4x10. You can always turn a big rig down. You can't always turn a small rig up enough.

This.
And to above, I play bars and such with a 610 and there's a couple of other people around here who do the same with a 810s. Sure it's not needed but it sounds a shit load better (imo). I wouldn't gig with anything less than a 410 or 212 for full band gigs but that's just me.

EDIT: And 410s aren't even that big depending what you get. A lot of 410 and 115 cabs will be roughly the same dimensions with the 410 being a tad bigger, if even.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Last edited by consecutive e at Mar 27, 2011,
would be a duo or trio at most. I just like the idea of mini dorm fridge over a kenmore industrial that's all. but maybe a 2x12 is a good compromise.