Hi, I have a version 3 Epiphone Valve Jr. Combo Amp and it is not working. The light turns on, the tubes light and heat up but no sound comes out. I have had it for a few years and it busted when I played through it with a faulty distortion pedal. I have scavenged the internets and could not figure out what my problem was.

When I opened it up it seemed some of the hot glue holding the capacitors in place had melted and that led me to think that one of the resistors nearby was broken so I replaced it (I thought the glue was from there). But now I realize that I have no idea what the problem could be and it's just not worth it to get it fixed at shop. This is a great little amp and if I can get it working again i can use my newly gained skills with the soldering iron (learned when replacing the resistor) to mod it.

I have pictures if needed, I can also refer to the schematic in this post
(which has been extremely helpful)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
It sounds like some component in the signal chain has either disconnected or burnt out. You'll need to use a multimeter to go through and check each of the components to see where the fault is. At a guess, i'd say either a resistor or capacitor has burnt out and needs replacing.

It's likely to be either in the tone stack or amplifier circuit rather than the power circuit (in the schematics, the power circuit is at the bottom and main signal path including the tone and amplifying circuit is at the top)
Last edited by matt154 at Mar 27, 2011,