Long story short i can get this amp for about 500-600 $Aus

But i dont know if theyre actually any good because all the reviews are either OMG WERST AMP EVER or OMG BEST MERSHOLL IN WOLD!!

so lets get some honest unbiased critiquing going on here and not casual babby $hit reviewing.

Also i play Heavy/Thrash Metal. Play through a 1999 LTD M-350 (thats right mofo's the H-S-H ones)

*i have a TS9 so dont worry about boosting for br00t4lz

Thanks brothers.
Quote by Robfreitag
if it were me, I'd go for something like the Marshall JCM 800.

I agree but you have to admit $500 for a TSL60 if it's in good condition is a good price in Oz I don't see any reason not to go for it and for a JCM800 tone i'd rather a Laney AOR or Carvin X100B for a 3rd of the price of a real JCM800
If you were buying new at retail I'd say look slightly elsewhere, but for $500-600 it sounds too good to pass up. At the very least you could probably sell it for more than you paid. Do it man.
Quote by Robfreitag
if it were me, I'd go for something like the Marshall JCM 800.

thats not what i asked. Also its $600 not 2000

SO GUYS
has anyone actually played it?
I havent used the 60 watt, but have used the TSL 100 and it is one of my fav marshalls, and for $600 AUS that seems like a pretty good deal. The tsl will do blues, classic rock, metal, just about anything you want. It will pretty much get that JCM tone and get a little harder. The Eq is pretty responsive and will work well. The FX loop(on the TSL 100) is better than most also.
I have the TSL100 and I truly enjoy everything about it. Its a great amp and does everything I need/want it to do.

I would go try it out and see if its an amp that you like.

I would take a lot of the reviews from some posters on this forum with a grain of salt. Way too many kids that don't know how to EQ or haven't even touched a certain amp(and other equipment) will comment and bash things that they have no real experience with.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by SlenderMan`
i heard the 100 is alot better. Can anyone confirm this?

not really better, but it does have the advantage of no shared EQs like the TSL60
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
i've played a tsl100 i gotta say its the only marshall i actually kinda like
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
I had a TSL60, pretty good amp for what you're looking to play, plenty of gain, solid cleans, but the shared eq gets a little annoying.

$600 for that is a good deal anywhere.
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Quote by spiff389
I had a TSL60, pretty good amp for what you're looking to play, plenty of gain, solid cleans, but the shared eq gets a little annoying.

$600 for that is a good deal anywhere.

Alright I'll do it, I'll rob the Kwik-E-Mart
DSL100 >>> TSL100, if you're going that route.

I didn't like either of the 2000 combos.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
DSL100 >>> TSL100, if you're going that route.

I didn't like either of the 2000 combos.

its a 1 off offer, i dont have a choice. Its TSL60 Head or nothing
If it were in the North American market, I'd take a pass, but since I know nothing about the AUS market (other than selection is limited and expensive) I'll keep out of the overall debate.

I was just throwing my 0.02 in on the TSL100 recommendation.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Understand that its a one time offer of a friend, i have no choice in the matter okay its either this amp or nothing.

I cant really take recommendations because the only thing i can get for 600 here is a Vypyr 30
umm this one is the FR212 or something its the cab for the Red Rogue? Its not either the Dragon or Cobra.

I do love the simple feature that the back is removable. Personally i love mine, it sounds fantastic.