Hi guys!

I was wondering whether i should get the Squier Strat Affinity series, or the Squier Strat California Series? both look the same, but which one plays/sounds better? looking for something that sounds good in blue, jazz, rock n roll, and some hard rock.

any help is greatly appreciated
None of them seems to be very good, even for the price if you can afford it you should take a look at the classic vibe series, great guitars and very affordable..
Quote by Tobyflyr
None of them seems to be very good, even for the price if you can afford it you should take a look at the classic vibe series, great guitars and very affordable..

I agree with this.
Classic Vibe Squiers are in my opinion the best value-for-money Squier has to offer.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Yeah i was looking for one of those, but they don't seem to have any. if you guys had to choose between the strat affinity and the strat california, which one would you choose?
My honest opinion is if you can;t find one of the classic vibe ones then forget Squier for the moment. Go on Craigslist, pawnshops, even some guitar stores and find a decent looking second hand strat, will cost you like $30-60 and will play just as well as either of those, but at a fraction of the price, then, you can either put the rest of the money into fxing it up, pickups, bridge, nut, etc, or you can start saving up for something more heavy duty with a useable guitar in the meantime. No point buying brand name crap if the no frills version will be just as good, and cheaper.

If you're determined to get a squier one, go with Affinity, I've had some experience with them and they're alright, not great, but alright.
Quote by ibanez2011
if your looking for more firewood buy a squire, they are shit.......

They're not shit.

They are a reasonable guitar let down by cheap electronics. For someone who cannot afford much or wants to learn they are fine.
yeah true, they're quite good. I couldn't find the classic vibe, but i did find a Vintage Modified tele... this any bettter? worth the money?
If I had a Squier Strat, I'd be crying for help too.... Lol.

But seriously, they're both kind of cheap... I'm no fan of the Affinity, which a friend of mine has, but I've never played the California. So, I can't really say anything bad about it.
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT