Would the notes for guitar be the same as the notes for piano? Just in case I ever do have to read the notes I'd like to know them.

P.S. I think I posted this in the wrong category, but it wouldn't let me create a thread in Music Theory.
Same notes yes.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Same notes, but an octave higher. Guitar notes are written an octave higher than they sound.
Last edited by T.s.e at Mar 27, 2011,
yup
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Yes. Be careful to read for anything that says the notes written are not in the current octave, like "8va" of "8vb".

All G cleff music is universal with other G clef tabs.
All C cleff is with other C cleff
etc etc with all the other types of cleff.
Remember the middle C is the 3rd fret on the A string, when you're in standard tuning of course, and make sure you're reading the right clef.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
The notes themselves are the same. Most, if not all guitar music is written using the treble clef.
I own an Ibanez J-Custom

I am Guitarnoob_100. Say hey

PSN: Whiski_Guy
Xbox Live: Chris2194

Steam: Galiathslay
it's not exactly the same, when you play a C note (1st fret, 2nd string) it is an octave lower then it is written.
If a piano player would see that same note, he would play a high c, exactly one octave higher then on the guitar.

There are other instruments where it get's complicated, eg: clarinet in b flat etc..
Last edited by toine at Mar 27, 2011,