As the title suggests, i don't know which one i should get.

Takamine:
I've only heard very good things about the takamine, and it looks like something from my dreams!

Ibanez:
but then again, this one costs half of the takamine, but i've read about bad experiences with this guitar, it could be an exception though .

Feel free to leave me any suggestions !
i'd like it to be a jumbo/super jumbo, single cutaway, acoustic electric, and a nice sunburst would be a nice touch

my budget is about 800-1000 $, or 500 £ if you will .

Cheers
Last edited by christianfs1 at Mar 27, 2011,
the cordoba c-5 c-e is 400$ and plays really well, while theres also the C-7which is made of rose wood and cedar i think, and the C-7 plays like a dream and it costs around 600 or 700
600 or 700 hundred depending on if its a cutaway or not, it also comes with a built in tuner and a micrphone pickup on the inside
if i had to choose, i wouldn't think twice - i'd get the tak, but on my own i wouldn't get either of them. it's not that people have bad experiences with ibanez guitars - they just focus more on looks than sound, and their qc isn't all that. as far as the solid top taks, they're well made but their unplugged sound lacks a little "life".

i'd suggest you try out the following:

the yamaha FJX730SC- available at gc and mf, but this place (never heard of them, btw) has the pic of the sunburst on the page when you get there, the others show the natural version but do sell the sunburst.
http://www.bananasmusic.com/productdetail.asp/pid_760/productname_Yamaha-FJX730SC-Electric-Acoustic-Guitar

and a seagull - no sunburst, but a very nice jumbo, nice sound and build quality, sexy good looks.
http://www.seagullguitars.com/productperformercwmjflameQI.htm
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
@patticake and @awilson97 , thanks for your suggestions, i'll take a look into it when i have time

Oh well, i'm looking for a steel string guitar, but thanks anyway
Last edited by christianfs1 at Mar 27, 2011,
hope you can find one in store. yamaha makes great solid tops

Quote by christianfs1
@patticake that yamaha looks good, i'm gonna try it when i can
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!