Well my wife wants to start playing so I bought her a guitar yesterday and shes using my old fender frontman, but she needs a distortion to do the metalz.
Ive never seen or heard a silver dragon in person so I have no idea what the limit of it is didnt get much from watching demos on youtube either.

Any info on the rocktron would be helpful, or any other suggestions, shell be playing similar tastes as I do,btbm, the black dahlia murder, lamb of god, any deathcore, she also likes punk and a little bit of grunge so versatility isnt a bad thing.

Other pedals Ive looked at rocktron zombie rectifier, seems this is ran better through a tube amp though.
Digitech deathmetal decent I used to have one nothing great though.
No boss mt-2 or ml-2 ive played both and owned an ml-2 there not bad just not what were looking for.

Thats about it budget is $80-100 bucks the cheaper the better though since im not sure shell stick with it, shes huge on getting all excited about stuff then 3 days later changes her mind lol.
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Pics or GTFO.

Seriously though, I would just a EHX (electro-harmonix) NANO metal muff. It should be good enough for a beginner.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Quote by Dream Floyd
Pics or GTFO.

Seriously though, I would just a EHX (electro-harmonix) NANO metal muff. It should be good enough for a beginner.

what do u want pics of
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Last edited by slipknot_420 at Mar 27, 2011,
^ LOL.

Yeah, you don't need to be looking at fancy amps or tube pedals at this level... hell, even a Danelectro FAB Metal would probably do the trick for now, and if she decides she wants to stick with it you can upgrade to something good.
I should mention im onl really looking used, thats why im wondering about the rocktron I can pick it up for 50 bucks, its usually 150 new.
any suggestions welcome thanks so far
Im really not looking super cheap like beringher and that because id like it to have some resale value lol.
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
And some pedals

PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Last edited by slipknot_420 at Mar 27, 2011,
Yes, its always smart to not blow a crapton of money on equipment for a beginner, but if you can swing the silver dragon for 50, that's a 12AX7 driven distortion pedal. I know a while back GC had some sound clips on their page for the silver dragon, dunno if they still do or not but it sounded pretty good. Either way, tube pedal > not tube. At the very least you got resale. And if she doesn't stick with it, you can always plug it in for yourself.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Well I just picked up a digitech deathmetal for 20 bucks, I didnt really want to ever own another one but itll do the job for her, for now at least lol
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
And some pedals

PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Quote by NakedInTheRain
^Yeah sounds good. And then get her a Barber Dirty Bomb once she gets sick of the nasally fizz.

Yea lol, if she stays with it ill be getting her a real amp first
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
And some pedals

PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
I'm selling my EHX Metal Muff for $60 shipped.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
With a name like "Silver Dragon," it ain't made for the blues. Yes, it is a high-gain metal distortion box. It's a bit on the large side; something to consider if you're building a pedalboard now or in the future.

The Rocktron website has some sound clips of the Silver Dragon that should answer your question about its metal capabilities:

http://www.rocktron.com/products/stompboxes/classic_series/silverdragondistortion/

"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by LaidBack
I'm selling my EHX Metal Muff for $60 shipped.

As i stated allready bought her a cheap pedal.
Thanks for the offer though
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
And some pedals

PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean