Poll: Do you like your job?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you like your job?
Yes I do a lot.
30 18%
Yes I do, sort of
24 14%
50/50
22 13%
Not really
14 8%
I hate it
12 7%
I am unemployed.
68 40%
Voters: 170.
Page 1 of 2
Sometimes, you hear someone complaining about their job, right. I notice that sometimes a lot of people actually don't like their job, for some reason. I always thought that sure it makes you money, but you should have a job that you like right?

Anyways, I love my job. The pay is good, work is easy, co-workers are awesome and my boss is the best.
So pit, do you like your job?

Poll incoming.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
I work in retail... so no
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
I'm a in house technician for a cable company. I drive a company truck with company gas, use company tools, get to play with cool gadgets. I love my job more then any other job I could think of having.
Strength Of The Inferno, Mind Of The Heavens, Speed Of The Tempest, Thus, a miracle was born.
http://www.last.fm/user/RobertELeet
Jackson Warrior
Ibanez Artcore AG85
Squire Affinity J-Bass

VIKINGS

UG Black
Quote by skylerjames13
...you should have a job that you like right?

Meanwhile, in the real world, people have bills to pay
Last edited by crossy uk at Mar 27, 2011,
i work in a psych ward/psychologists/psychiatrists as a receptionist/secretary (different job on different days)
and yes i do!
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
I usually work nights in a take away, this is my third late shift in a row. Cleaning up after people, people thinking you're completely retarded because you work in a fast food place, dealing with people that have no manners whatsoever... that's not good. But the other staff are grand, and the pay is alright (not enough tbh).

I suppose it's a real mixed bag.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
I also work in retail. In a discount clothes store, on the tills. I hate it with a passion.
I have a part time job at a McDonald's counter. Whenever I start hating it I just think "at least I'm not working with the food"

the people I work with are nice though
cat
I'm doing a PhD at the moment. Being paid to go to college is nice, but working towards something that I'm not all that arsed about does make me question it a lot
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
I don't really like my job. I work in a bagel shop and I do the cleaning stuff. I get almost no hours, so i get very little pay. It's a very boring job and my boss doesn't like me. I don't hate it though, the people I work with are pretty cool.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
Bar work.

Mostly I love it. Occasionally I hate it, but that's usually to do with tiredness etc. and other factors outside of work. It's a stressful job, so if you start your shift stressed, it doesn't tend to go too well. But for the most part, I really enjoy my job. The staff are great and I find I get along really well with everyone. Managers are pretty sound, too.

Used to work in a cinema, fucking hated it. Never again.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Last edited by -February-Star- at Mar 27, 2011,
I work in a pub where I'm actively encouraged to drink whilst on shift, have an overall boss who I rarely see and is okay, a manager/brewer who I get along with very well and some reasonably interesting regulars who I can have a decent conversation with. So yes, I like my job. The only bad thing about it is the two mile walk there and the two mile walk back.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
I don't like working better than not working, but all things considered, I think I have a pretty good job.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
I've loved the two jobs I've had so far... both were for engineering firms. The one I had last summer was the best... we went out to lunch on the company whenever someone had a birthday, we had a foosball tournament that lasted for about a month, and I was doing stuff that I liked.

This summer I'll probably be working for another engineering firm, so I'm anticipating liking that one, too.
My current job now is basically data entry and content management on the web/ecommerce team at a company that specialize in sunglasses. While the job is easy, it's way too menial for my liking. I don't hate it, but I certainly don't love it--I like it enough to stay until I can find another one geared more towards my skills and interests.
Yeah, I work as a telemarketer. No, I don't like my job.
Originally posted by supersac
mmh no one has seen god...
no one has seen your penis...
...YOUR PENIS MUST BE GOD!
I work in a pre-school, it's sometimes relaxed and fun, last time I was basically putting together puzzles with this 4-year-old sweet girl for 2 hours, then it was afternoon meal then 30 minutes of drawing before I could go home. Sometimes I'm just reading stories for all the smaller kids.

Sometimes I'm in charge of all of the kids which is never fun. The boys are just trouble. They listen mostly but not always. Tough to be diplomatic without being too "harsh" in their eyes. I make 115 SEK, £11 or $18 per hour 12 hours per week so I guess it's not too poorly paid.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Last edited by Kensai at Mar 27, 2011,
The job I currently have is amazing but I will need a new one in about a month becaus I'm just lending a hand whilst on unemployement.

I spend the day making maple syrup and drinking beer with my boss. I work long ass day's so it's hard but we have fun during those 12 to 15 hour shifts
Quote by boreamor
Nope because I'm not a dick.
Quote by spanish lovin
then did you just call yourself a PUSSY???

^This = Win
I love my new job as a scientist at a CRO. Before I landed that job I worked in retail for over a year and it was the most hellish thing I ever had to endure. If I didnt have my current job now, I would have become an even bigger sociopath and killed a bunch of people. The amount of ignorant and retarded people that came into the shop asking stupid and inane questions was too much to take. The amount of blank stares and insults I had to endure because some stupid fuck couldnt understand a simple explanation or follow a simple task to completion.

Retail. Worst. Job sector. Ever.

If I ever have to work in a shop again, Im buying a gun and shooting people dead before turning the gun on myself.

Quote by Kensai
I work in a pre-school, it's sometimes relaxed and fun, last time I was basically putting together puzzles with this 4-year-old sweet girl for 2 hours, then it was afternoon meal then 30 minutes of drawing before I could go home. Sometimes I'm just reading stories for all the smaller kids.

Sometimes I'm in charge of all of the kids which is never fun. The boys are just trouble. They listen mostly but not always. Tough to be diplomatic without being too "harsh" in their eyes. I make 115 SEK, £11 or $18 per hour 12 hours per week so I guess it's not too poorly paid.

Still grooming children I see...

Seriously, how many lives are you going to ruin!

I still bare the scars of your sexual aggression!
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Last edited by Guitardude19 at Mar 27, 2011,
I like that my job isn't too demanding, I get to dress nice, and I don't work that many hours a week.

However, I get along with SOME people there, but I don't get along with most people there.

I can be in a really good mood, but sure enough being at work makes me very negative.

Back when I worked at a movie theatre, I hated the work, it was shitty, hated the uniform, it was always really hot, but I loved the people I worked with. Not to mention they hired girls there all the time. It was inevitable you'd go out with at least one person there. That could still keep me in a good mood.
I work at a Panera Bread that gets a retarded amount of business. We're number one in sales in our area which is central Florida. We have a GM who is the real deal. When you're sucking, it's like Hell's Kitchen lol. When you're really doing your part, he's the funnest boss to work for ever. We really have to go the extra mile, though. Honestly we run the restaurant like it's a five star.

Pay sucks, but it's enough for me. Really the thing that makes me like working there is my coworkers. The main crew has been there for a while and there's always a lot of new people coming and going, but we've all been good friends the whole time. Just imagine your group of friends running a restaurant. That's why I like it.

However, I would take a better paying job without hesitation if one finally came through. A job is a job, you do it for the money.
We're only strays.
Love doing my actual job. Making a difference, having fun, using cool equipment, working with good guys, doing dangerous manly things. On the downtick, not everything associated with my job is enjoyable.
My God, it's full of stars!
I work in a pet shop, on the one hand there's pissy little brats who want to hold the rabbits, on the other there's the guys I work with, so it's ok.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
I deliver beer. kegs weigh about 180 pounds. normally I work 10 hours minimum a day. its hard work.

that said, I enjoy the people I work with, my bosses aren't terrible, and I get really good pay.
I Like Green!
Quote by Guitardude19

Still grooming children I see...

Seriously, how many lives are you going to ruin!

I still bare the scars of your sexual aggression!

I got about four words into Kensais post before thinking "Someone is going to accuse him of awful things"

I was not left disappointed

Quote by DeadlyIllness

[that guy again] gets the drum Solo and Title King of the UG.

*Drum Solo*

Steam: yintonyinton
PSN: yintonyinton
I work in the kitchen area of McDonalds, although I work close shifts (which doesn't really make sense any more since it went 24 hours) so it's a lot more cleaning as opposed to actual food prep.

I don't hate the job but I don't like it either. Working in fast food is stressful and even though thankfully I don't deal with the (sometimes) rude and arrogant customers we get, I still get hit pretty hard with dinner and special even rushes, etc.

However I do love most of the people I work with. Pretty much all of the managers are awesome, including our store manager, and most of the crew I relate to pretty well. Because it's McDonalds I do have to deal with the 15 year old kids who work there and are really annoying and think they know it all but it's not all of them and it's to be expected I guess.

Overall it's a pretty sucky job but considering I do about 30-40 hours at $20AUD an hour, it could be a hell of a lot worse.
I'm not very good at this being funny business...

Be my friend? Yes / No

Minecraft: RockLegend1203
XBL Gamertag: RockLegend1203
Origin: RockLegend1203
Steam:
rocklegend1203
I work in Burton (men's clothing shop) and it's pretty good actually. I'm hardly there though, sine I'm a student as well.
If music was the food of love I'd be a fat romantic slob.
I work at Matalan.

Says it all really

EDIT: Actually, that's not fair. Recently, it's been getting a lot better. I know it's a cliche, but work is only as good as the people you work with.

Not long ago we got rid of an absolute bitch of a manager, who has been replaced with people who are a LOT better. Actually makes work a more enjoyable place to be.

Also, I enjoy delivery. I get to bring in my own CDs at 6 in the morning and unload lorries. Finished by 2 so I get the rest of the day off free
Last edited by fender_696 at Mar 27, 2011,
the job or the job situation......two very different things.......job I like....situation not so much.....hate 20+ hours of mandatory overtime
I worked part-time on the weekends as a paintball marshal. The pay is pretty shit, the hours are long (7am - 6pm) and some of the work is boring and physically painful (putting guns together/fixing them). That said, some of the people there are pretty cool, and everyone's relaxed and not too stressy. Also, I get cancelled every other weekend or so at the moment because of low numbers of customers so I am earning shit all money (my last paycheck was £80 for a month )

I'm looking to leave it and get a reliable job at Pizza Hut or somewhere ASAP. Even retail would be better than this.
- - - - - - - -
When I think of the perpetual journey through life
When it always feels like autumn
The wind moves slowly to the north
And the flowers die
Rain falls in my dreams

- - - - - - - -
I sort of do. Granted it is McDonalds and it sucks, but I always work with awesome people and I can get baked and come to work errday so it's usually pretty enjoyable
Page 1 of 2