Hi
Im new guitar and i started it up as a hobby so i don't practice 5 hours each day, its more casual and fun for myself. so i try to practice 1/2 hour or so 4 or 5 times a week... so heres the question when i practice chord formations i lay down my finger one at a time like index middle ring as appose to all at the same time, i don't know if thats correct any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Brett
yea, when you first start learning chords thats prob the best way to do it to. after a while it becomes second nature to switch between them and you dont even really need to think about it. but for right now you're on the right track
Jackson RR Professional, early 90's japanese model, with EMG's

Digitech GNX3000

Crate GX 212
Quote by bmc41fish
Hi
Im new guitar and i started it up as a hobby so i don't practice 5 hours each day, its more casual and fun for myself. so i try to practice 1/2 hour or so 4 or 5 times a week... so heres the question when i practice chord formations i lay down my finger one at a time like index middle ring as appose to all at the same time, i don't know if thats correct any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Brett

To be honest I still do it myself. When I play a G chord for example I do my middle finger, index finger & then ring finger. So I kind of work my way down. Though I do it fairly quickly so it to the stage where it almost happens all together.

Whether its the right or wrong way to do it who cares, because it works for me.
For 'Ultimate Guitar' Members: I wrote an ebook called "The Ultimate Guide To Playing The Guitar".

If you'd like a FREE copy of it, you can do so by Clicking Here