Budget: £800-900
Preferably new, used market isn't great in my area.
Styles: August burns red, Anberlin , Periphery (mostly metal orientated with some versatility basically)
Giggging: Hopefully extensively
Acessories: Fender Jazz bass guitar, some sort of bass cab (not sure on make)

Note this is for the bassist in my band so I don't much about bass gear. He's talked about Ampeg a few times. Is it possible to buy one of those with his budget?

What would you guys recommend?
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Ampeg's least-expensive SVT head (the SVT Classic) will run you at least 1,100 British Pounds, and that is before they stick you with the VAT. Tube bass heads are not as common as guitar bass heads, but there are a few available in your price range (again, excluding the VAT). Start with the Eden World Tour:

http://backstage.musiciansfriend.com/Bass/Bass-Amplifiers-Effects/Bass-Amplifiers/Bass-Amp-Heads/Tube-Bass-Amp-Heads/World-Tour-Black-Series-WTB300V-All-Tube-Bass-Amp-Head.site1sku606141000000000.sku

The Eden is a great choice. Then there is the Peavey VB-2:

http://backstage.musiciansfriend.com/Bass/Bass-Amplifiers-Effects/Bass-Amplifiers/Bass-Amp-Heads/Tube-Bass-Amp-Heads/Tour-VB-2-Tube-Bass-Amp-Head.site1prod481291.product

It is only 200 watts, but it is a good amp and you may be in a situation where you don't need more than that. Another 200-watt tube bass head is the Traynor YBA-200-2:

http://www.traynoramps.com/products.asp?type=5&cat=40&id=399

And finally, there is the Traynor YBA-300:

http://www.traynoramps.com/products.asp?type=5&cat=40&id=435

The YBA-300 is new, so I don't know about cost or availability.

The other tube bass heads I know of will run you at least 190 Pounds over your budget; some of them a lot more than that. Remember; these are merely the amplifiers. I assume you already have a cabinet.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Dish out a bit more and get an SVT, jazz bass + SVT has to be the most classic tone that you can get.

Plus it will cut through the mix a bit more which can be a good thing in metal
Ive seen svt-4 pro's gor for a bout £750 so keep an eye out.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Try as many as you can out... This will be easier, since you want something new. After you try them out and KNOW the tone you want, you can then look for the same head, used... which will be cheaper

I'm, personally, a fan of the older Tube heads in the 100w-200w range. I've owned an Ampeg V4, Ampeg V4b, Sunn 200s, Sunn 2000s, Earth 2000, and my favorite, and curently ONLY tube head... a Traynor YBA-3 CS.

Last year i had a thought that i wanted a more modern tube head... so i tried EVERYTHING i could... Fender(Sunn) 300T, Mesa 400+, Ampeg SVT CL, Ampeg SVT VR, Ampeg SVT Pro4, MarkBass 300, Eden 300t, Peavey VB-2, Peavey VB-3, Traynor YBA-200, and Orange AD200b.

Now, most of those are above your price range... BUT... almost all of them have come up USED in that range.

For your needs... i would HIGHLY reccomend a Mesa 400+... even a Mesa 400, or an old Mesa Buster Bass would be good... those bands you mentioned scream Mesa tone.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Quote by fatgoogle
I've seen SVT-4 PROs go for about £750, so keep an eye out.

They are very nice amplifiers, but they are hybrids; not all-valve amps. I've also heard that the Made in Vietnam version is not as good QC-wise as the older Made in U.S.A. version.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
They are very nice amplifiers, but they are hybrids; not all-valve amps. I've also heard that the Made in Vietnam version is not as good QC-wise as the older Made in U.S.A. version.

Sorry i meant SVT-2 pro's, well about 6 months ago i havent seen one come up lately. My bad.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Bugera's SVT clone should be in that price range. I can't remember the model name though. They're supposed to be pretty decent. Why do you need all tube though?
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by consecutive e
Bugera's SVT clone should be in that price range. I can't remember the model name though. They're supposed to be pretty decent. Why do you need all tube though?

Haha... it's called 'The BVT'.

I played one this past weekend. Not great... not terrible... For a tube amp, the price is certainly right!
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."