HI, so my boss has been telling me about this beautiful vintage gibson guitar he has for a long time, and he knows that i play guitar and has wanted me to take a look at it.
Anyway he says he has had it since the 60's, and he was not the first owner.
Also the guitar has a decent amount of fretwear, but he doesn't play guitar, so i figure the first owner must have had it a while to wear them down that much, putting it somewhere in the early 60's.

I don't have any pictures because i don't have a camera on me, but i will next time.
IN the mean time, i found some online that look exactly like it, so i'll post those pictures

so that is the exact look of the guitar, so like i said sometime in the early 60's

the only thing i'm not sure about is that if is said "custom" on the truss rod cover or "les paul"
Also the guitars in very good condition there is one minor scratch on the back of the body of the guitar, and the frets are a bit worn down. But other then that everything works and the guitar's in great condition, it just needs a bit of cleaning from the dust lol.
Also, it has the original case with it, if that makes a difference

So yeah, can anyone help me out giving me an approximate year and price?
http://www.youtube.com/user/heavymetal1110
My youtube channel

Epiphone Korina explorer, Fender MIM Strat, Ibanez GSA60, Ibanez AEG25
The amp: Bugera 1990
Pedals: Ibanez Tubescreamer,wylde od, wylde wah, Tc electronic g major,
Last edited by camaross427 at Mar 27, 2011,
just for everybody else's sake can you resize those pics? They're gigantic. Also, if two years were exactly the same posting a different guitar may just mislead you.
Honk
Quote by Mukersman
just for everybody else's sake can you resize those pics? They're gigantic. Also, if two years were exactly the same posting a different guitar may just mislead you.

I would if i knew how to lol, i got rid of the first pic and put in a smaller one so i hope that helped.

I'm know an exact year will be hard to get, but i'm looking for some sort of approximation, more so on value then anything else

also i think i have the serial number somewhere, if it's of use i'll post it
My youtube channel

The serial number would help identify the year, but from the spec on the picture you've provided I'd say it's between 1963 to 1965 at a guess. Price would be whatever someone is prepared to pay for it, I've seen them for sale from a couple of thousand to stupid amounts of money, but it really depends on what people are prepared to pay.

Del
Quote by Delboyuk_01
The serial number would help identify the year, but from the spec on the picture you've provided I'd say it's between 1963 to 1965 at a guess. Price would be whatever someone is prepared to pay for it, I've seen them for sale from a couple of thousand to stupid amounts of money, but it really depends on what people are prepared to pay.

Del

OK, thanks!

The serial number is
My youtube channel

Quote by camaross427
OK, thanks!

The serial number is

you sure you wrote out the serial number correctly? that's not a recognised gibson serial number - there were no 7 digit serial numbers between 1961 and 1965 (which are the years that the SG had the smaller pickguard) as far as i'm aware.

but as delboy said if it's really identical to the one in the picture it'd be between 1963 and 1965 (likely 1963 if it also has the les paul logo on the truss-rod cover!), as the 1961 and 1962 SGs had the weird sideways vibrato and not a maestro, they took off the les paul logos after 1963, and in 1966 they changed to the full pickguard among other less obvious changes.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Last edited by Blompcube at Mar 27, 2011,
OK Thanks, maybe i wrote out the wrong number or something.
So my best guess is that it is somewhere between a 63 and a 65. thanks!!
My youtube channel