hi guys i have a problem and it is when i skip strings maybe i don't hit the string that i want to or it make some noice so my question is there is a song or a good exercise to practice this i ll do any thing to overcome this problem
Curse of the Castle Dragon-Paul Gilbert. Really helped me master string skipping
Let the computer decide - paul gilbert.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Also. for easy string skipping, look at the intro to Wanted Dead or Alive- Bon Jovi. Thats the easiest, and therefore best place to start I can think of. One you master that, take on some harder ones!
Whatever you're doing already, just slower.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
The intro to Hell's Bells, get that down and you've got a good start for skipping.
What do you guys listen to when playing video games?
Quote by DemonicSamurai

Quote by T3hdude

Men fapping.

Sorry, didn't realize I was that loud.

I'll be leaving your closet now.
e|---------------------------------------------------------1--2--3--4---
b|----------------------------------------------1--2--3--4--------------
g|-----------------------------------1--2--3--4-------------------------
d|------------------------1--2--3--4------------------------------------
a|-------------1--2--3--4-----------------------------------------------
e|--1--2--3--4----------------------------------------------------------

Just run up and down the strings. Start on the low E high going to high E. Then swap and go from high E back to low E.

Here is another good exercise for getting your fretting hand moving position.

e|-------------------------------------------------------------3--2--1--0
b|--------------------------------------------------7--6--5--4-----------
g|--------------------------------------11--10--9--8---------------------
d|------------------------9--10--11--12----------------------------------
a|-------------5--6--7--8------------------------------------------------
e|--1--2--3--4-----------------------------------------------------------

Specific warm up exercises don’t really matter. As long as you do something easy that gets the blood going to your hands and getting you ready for the practice.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Whatever you're doing already, just slower.

This, just take your time and build the muscle memory to each string that you want to skip to. A really good excersize that I found useful for string skipping is this:

e|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------5-etc
b|-----------------------------------------------------------------------5--6--7--8----------------------
g|-------------------------------------------5--6--7--8------------------------------5--6--7--8-------
d|---------------5--6--7--8-----------------------------5--6--7--8------------------------------------
a|-----------------------------5--6--7--8----------------------------------------------------------------
e|-5--6--7--8--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and then from the High E just descend back to your Low E, and for fun you can move up one position to so it would be 9-8-7-6 on the way down. Just practice it slowly, let the notes ring clear, and eventually your hands will get used to it and you'll know where each string is without having to "fret" ta dum chh. Have fun!
dude man bro guy