now I know theres prolly so many questions about tuning and stuff, but whatever. when trying to tune my newish stagg acoustic there was a lot of problems. i know i must be tuning it wrong somehow, but i tuned it the same way i tuned my bc rich warlock and first act (lol) im guessing theres probably a difference in tuning between acoustic and electric. just watch this video on youtube, i explained it ---> tuning video itd be great if someone is willing to help, thanks
I've never seen an acoustic that Tunes differently from an Electric. The only thing different would be the pegs on the Bridge, but even those shouldn't affect tuning.
How many winds do you have on the tuning post? Also, which gauge strings did you install?

Almost sounds like the string is slipping on the machine head. Another thing to check is to make sure the ball end is properly positioned. It should be snug against the underside of the bridge. If not, usually the peg will pop out as you tune the string.

It's normal for new strings to lose their tuning at first. This is because they're stretching. Once they stretch, they should stay in-tune.
Quote by The Vickshow
I've never seen an acoustic that Tunes differently from an Electric. The only thing different would be the pegs on the Bridge, but even those shouldn't affect tuning.

ohh. then could it be something i did wrong with the winding?
it could easily be a problem with how you wound the strings - that's what it seemed like to me - or it could be a problem with the tuners themselves. btw, you say there's a lot of string tension - what gauge strings are you using?
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Last edited by patticake at Mar 27, 2011,
Quote by KG6_Steven
How many winds do you have on the tuning post? Also, which gauge strings did you install?

Almost sounds like the string is slipping on the machine head. Another thing to check is to make sure the ball end is properly positioned. It should be snug against the underside of the bridge. If not, usually the peg will pop out as you tune the string.

It's normal for new strings to lose their tuning at first. This is because they're stretching. Once they stretch, they should stay in-tune.

I wound each one 2 or so times(before i wound them i cut them about 2 1/2" past its post) And the guage is .013-.056
I checked the ball ends and as far as a can see/feel they are in the right position, pretty much the same i had them before, and it still does it. I was wondering if I got the wrong strings?
and thanks, thats a relief '
Quote by patticake
it could easily be a problem with how you wound the strings - that's what it seemed like to me - or it could be a problem with the tuners themselves. btw, you say there's a lot of string tension - what gauge strings are you using?

i had considered the fact that theres something wrong with the tuners, but when i got the guitar (a year or so ago) it had played great and tuned great until after i changed the strings. and the gauge is .013-.056
Nice link to restringing a guitar. The only thing I don't do is lock the strings like they show with the low E, A and D. I don't find it necessary to do it. The intended purpose is to prevent the string from slipping, but I've never had any problems with E, A and D slipping. I do loop and lock the G, B and high E strings.
Are the ball ends of the strings secure against the bottom of the bridge? Reach through the sound hole and feel for location of the string balls.
I use locking tuners so I don't have to worry about slipping.

edit:
Quote by k.tripoli
Reach through the sound hole and feel for location of the string balls.

You should at least take it on a date first!
Last edited by gunther_sucks at Mar 28, 2011,