Hey guys,

I play metallica and want to here your thoughts about the Randall RM100KH for playing metallica.

Is it any good? will it get you a metallica sound? is it really worth the money?would you buy it if you had the money and tried to get anything close to a metallica tone?

I would go check but there isnt one from were I live so...

Anything you know about the amp then please do comment.

Thanks for all the help
P.S
Please do not say any thing ridiculous or nonsense.
Last edited by GV8 at Mar 27, 2011,
I've played it several times at the music store near me and i love it! Its great amp for achieving the metallica sound. I actually plan on buying it as soon as i have the money to. You may want to try out a mesa boogie dual rec though. That also achieves a good metallica-esque tone and is very versatile. You can also swap out the modules on the RM100KH to get a whole different tone. You should check out some clips on youtube...
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez S320 Black
Epiphone AJ-1000

Future Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
Quote by Kboth18
I've played it several times at the music store near me and i love it! Its great amp for achieving the metallica sound. I actually plan on buying it as soon as i have the money to. You may want to try out a mesa boogie dual rec though. That also achieves a good metallica-esque tone and is very versatile. You can also swap out the modules on the RM100KH to get a whole different tone. You should check out some clips on youtube...

Thanks
I have looked up videos in youtube but no one plays metallica on it so I can not really know if it will give you a metallica sound so thanks for the comment but still need a little bit more advice
Yeah, it'll be great for it.

Nice thing is, is that since it IS an RM series, if your tastes change you can just buy different modules to suit your playing styles.

I'd go for it. I've been GASing for an RM head for a while.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by stratman_13
Yeah, it'll be great for it.

Nice thing is, is that since it IS an RM series, if your tastes change you can just buy different modules to suit your playing styles.

I'd go for it. I've been GASing for an RM head for a while.

I agree with everything here, even the GAS

They have tons of different modules that you can that are based on other amps, and theres even guys who will can tweak them to sound better/different as well (for a price)
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Is there any difference between the RM100 and the RM100KH besides the modules it comes stock with? I know the aesthetics are a tad different.

If spec-wise theres no difference, it might be cheaper to buy an unloaded RM100 and pick up the KH modules online somewhere. There's usually a fairly good supply of used modules as well.
im pretty sure the KH has like an extra tube or 2 and it also uses different tubes. Its looks are different when it comes to the grill. Personally i like the looks of the KH over those of the RM. Its cheaper to get just a regular RM head and buy kirk's modules. the whole modular system is cool cuz you can get different modules if your tastes change. Check out "The Tone King" on youtube... he does a great demo of the various modules and he plays a whole bunch of metallica riffs
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez S320 Black
Epiphone AJ-1000

Future Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
Quote by Kboth18
im pretty sure the KH has like an extra tube or 2 and it also uses different tubes. Its looks are different when it comes to the grill. Personally i like the looks of the KH over those of the RM. Its cheaper to get just a regular RM head and buy kirk's modules. the whole modular system is cool cuz you can get different modules if your tastes change. Check out "The Tone King" on youtube... he does a great demo of the various modules and he plays a whole bunch of metallica riffs

Just looked it up because I was curious. The RM100 and RM100KH are exactly the same except the KH has a flame maple head cab, a different grille, and it comes with the KH modules. Same tubes, 4 6L6GCs. Same features, footswitch, effects loops, errthing.

It's also an extra $500

I'll never understand signature gear...
Last edited by Seref at Mar 27, 2011,