I'm looking for something articulate, tight and with a high output. I would love a bkp which holds some of the EMG's characteristics(tightness, crunch high output, searing leads ect) although while providing that extra clarity and oomph that I think I want Very periphery-esque is what tickles my fancy.

The guys on the BK forums pointed me to this.

http://www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_94

I was looking at the ceramic warpig although they said the aftermath would suit my need more.

Can anyone explain what all this calibrated open/covered set means? Does the open neck and bridge pickups equal the open and covered humbucker sets? I'm so confused..
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
covered set means you get both the bridge and neck pickup and they have covers on them(i think thecovered pups are also wax potted but i dont remember) and thye have been made to compliment each other

open is the same but no pick up covers they are open coils

you can also buy the pick ups seperately if you have any more questions you can email the guys at bareknuckle
Ridiculously sexy is what they are my friend.

^ thanks man.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by OceansBetweenUs
Those pickups are ridiculously expensive. holy hell.

Look at Throbak if you think BKP is expensive.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
I got a covered set of Nailbombs. Simply put, no regrets, at all.
Gear

Mesa/Boogie Mark V Head
Mills Acoustics Mach 212B
Peavey Vypyr 15w
ESP LTD EC-1000 guitar (BKP Nailbombs)
Fender American Standard Strat
PRS Custom 24
Dunlop KH Signature Wah
Menatone Red Snapper
Boss DD-7 Delay
Zvex Fuzz Factory
From my research it seems the Miracle Man set is closest to the EMGs in terms of character. Nailbombs are also often recommended, but those are warmer
WTLTL 2011
If you want EMGs, then get EMGs..?
Gear

Mesa/Boogie Mark V Head
Mills Acoustics Mach 212B
Peavey Vypyr 15w
ESP LTD EC-1000 guitar (BKP Nailbombs)
Fender American Standard Strat
PRS Custom 24
Dunlop KH Signature Wah
Menatone Red Snapper
Boss DD-7 Delay
Zvex Fuzz Factory
I'm going to put some Aftermath's into my 7 string, it's only a matter of actually affording it
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Quote by OceansBetweenUs

Dimarzio and seymour duncan prices in the uk arent that much lower making BKP a very viable option. (this is coming from a dimarzio fan as well)
Quote by RocknRory
If you want EMGs, then get EMGs..?

I don't want EMG'S. I would just like bkp's with some similiar characteristics. I was recommended the aftermath. You guys think that would suit me?
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by Adam124
I don't want EMG'S. I would just like bkp's with some similiar characteristics. I was recommended the aftermath. You guys think that would suit me?

I can't really recommend you the right pickup since I don't know your style, but the aftermath set is great for the tones you're looking for, I'm getting some soon
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Quote by OceansBetweenUs

check out theaxepalace.com best place to get BKP in the US at a good price. i ordered a setof cold sweats for my rga8 aabout a week ago and they are gonna be here wed! plus nick from the axe palace is the google of bkps!
Last edited by mattyshred at Mar 28, 2011,
Tim (I think that's his name) personally recommended me some Aftermaths for the build I'm doing. Just email them stating what tone you're after and what you body and neck wood is.. they'll get you sorted out.

They actually just arrived this past Saturday after ordering 2 weeks ago.. really good product management when you have that many options for each pickup. Plus, they give you free strings, a sticker, and a coaster!

worth every penny. sd and dizmarzio's custom shop options are even more expensive then bkp's.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Word. I want a BKP Nailbomb in the bridge of my Ibanez. Sorry to hijack the thread TS but all the knowledgeable guys are in here, what do you think of a nailbomb in the bridge and a SD pearly gates in the neck? Any issues you could see?