He has a ton of gain on it, and very little effects. Maybe a tiny bit of reverb. It's pretty trebly, but has some mids, but not a lot of bass.
Just approach it like your guitar amp. How you tweak your amp is how you tweak amp sims.

play...adjust....play....adjust...play for a few weeks.....adjust....play....adjust
I'm sorry but davedays?

For the love of god, don't get his tone. It's terrible. His mixes sound professional but his tone doesn't at all and really takes away from them. If he had a better sound his music would sound a lot better.

I actually talked to the guitarist that plays the solo in that video about how bad Dave's tone is.
It sounds so much like a pre-amp tone.

He explained to me how Dave gets it, which I won't go into..
but basically he does a ton of things extremely wrong.
it's not a sound you should want.
He uses an MG I thought that's how it gets so bad....
I like his music tough
Gear:
----------------------
Jack and Danny Brothers Ls-5
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
Zoom g9.2tt (for sale (NL))
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant
Quote by niels-uiterwaal
He uses an MG I thought that's how it gets so bad....
I like his music tough
I thought so for the longest time as well. I've seen Marshalls in his videos and assumed it was some rubbish solid state one.

Believe it or not, he uses a JCM2000. Not even kidding. He just does it completely wrong and basically is using the preamp tone out of it.
What the hell, I saw a frontman and an MG in his videos and he uses a JCM2000...
My head just exploded
Gear:
----------------------
Jack and Danny Brothers Ls-5
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
Zoom g9.2tt (for sale (NL))
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant
Idk about you guys, I thought it sounded fine for the song

Not every song needs a 5150 or an ENGL
TT, if you know how to get it why don't you tell the poor guy, he asked so tell him, shouldn't much matter what YOU think of it.

EDIT:

not gonna lie, the solo tone is way worse than the rhythm tone...
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Mar 29, 2011,
Quote by Bostonrocks
TT, if you know how to get it why don't you tell the poor guy, he asked so tell him, shouldn't much matter what YOU think of it.

No dude, it sucks. Therefore, he can't have it.
Quote by Meelad360
No dude, it sucks. Therefore, he can't have it.

Obviously.

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE T0ANZ!

in all seriousness though. we do want you to have good tone, but if that is what you like i feel we should help you to achieve that whether we like the tone or not. I personally don't like his tone much, but i'd say go ahead and try something like a PODxt on a marshall Plexi like model with a TS9 in front with V30s and see what happens.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era