Hi guys,

I have reconsidered buying an 6505+ 112 as I think a 600€ amp is way too expensive for a player with not even a year of experience.

Now I've seen the Vox Tonelab EX being introduced, and as I also 'need' a Wah-pedal I was wondering if this could be the perfect solution for me.

The only problem is: the only amps I have are Modeling amps. The venues I am looking after to play for in the near future should be good though. But maybe, for the sake of having a good use of the Tonelab or something, I should consider buying a small, low volume, all tube practice amp (only cleans would suffer, as I am using the Tonelab for the main sound). Or is this all way too overthought? A nice clean amp can never kill any guitar player, I reckon, though. (Another problem, I live on two locations, would the little amp be affordable enough to buy two (or two different ones, which I would prefer (tonal developement FTW!)?)

On a different note: has anyone here have any experience with the new Tonelab EX?

Thanks a lot guys!

(I'm guessing you can get everything you need for an answer from my text/sig, if not don't hesitate to ask anything I also hope you get what I'm saying, as I can be pretty unclear some time, sorry for that)
Gear:

Guitars:
LTD Viper 100FM
Ibanez RG320PG P2 (For sale*)
Ibanez RGA32 (w/ IronGear pups)
Epiphone Pro-1

Amps:
Vox VT15
or
Vox Tonelab EX
- through -
Peavey KB-300

* = PM me for more details

Quote by Willowthewitch

The actual correct answer
A bump with a brief summary:

I'd like a multi-fx with good tones (not too digital, like Boss' ME-line); a good Wah. Good useability and if possible useable with modeling amps like the Vox VT15 and the Peavey Vypyr 15. If this is not the case and the pedal is really good I'm willing to save for a good clean valve amp to use it with. Note that amp models are not specifically needed. It would be good for recording and PA systems, so switchability would be best.

Now with these demands the Vox Tonelab has come to mind, but I'm open to anything else, as long as it's good. The budget for the pedal is about 300€ for now, but I'm willing to save up, if it's needed. Also, clean amp recommendations are highly appreciated if you think it is needed.

Now I've heard some people about the Pod HD500, but I'm not sure about the tones or the price or any specifications, for that matter, so inform me if you can, please.

My main genres are Metal and (Hard)Rock, but I enjoy some bluesy/clean music from time to time, so those are welcome, though not that necessary. If you have any questions: ask!

Thanks once again, I'm looking forward to your replies.
Gear:

Guitars:
LTD Viper 100FM
Epiphone Pro-1

Amps:
Vox VT15
or
Vox Tonelab EX
- through -
Peavey KB-300

Quote by Willowthewitch

If metal is mroe important, POD HD500.
if low-mid gain tones are more important, RP1000.

And no amp is ever too expensive, so long as you grow into it and actually use it later on.]

My suggestion?
Grab the 6505, and get a cheapish MFX later on.
Thanks a lot for your reply! I was guessing that already. Though for some nice and creamy cleans, do you know a small, low watt, tube amp? Not too expensive, if possible. Also: for the peavey 6505+ 112 set: a good wah for rock/hardrock/metal? (:

Thanks anyway! : D
Gear:

Guitars:
LTD Viper 100FM
Epiphone Pro-1

Amps:
Vox VT15
or
Vox Tonelab EX
- through -
Peavey KB-300

Quote by Willowthewitch

The Vox Tone Lab is a great value for the money. You get a wide variaety of high quality sounds in one equipment. It ain´t perfect, but what is? I specially like the reverbs amp emulations. But, I think this is more for the classic rocker who loves vintage tones more than for the modern metaler, although you can get some decent metal tones out of it.
Honestly, I'd stay away from all modeling amps, unless someone actually made one that was all tube and actually turned the circuit into that amp or something close. But the Tonelab is a digital pedal with a tube that doesn't really do that much to the tone. Get a good tube amp and pedals. And isn't the Tonelab just a pedal version of the Valvetronix amps, but with more effects and controls? If all you want it for is the wah, then get a wah. Much cheaper than the Tonelab.
Vox AC4? Or whatever that little amp they make is.

Listen to GSLead on this one.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Hey TuningGamer maybe check out the Power Engine from Tech 21. It's a powered speaker you can run any modeler, including the Vox Tonelab, directly into. Since it's not an amp, it won't color your tone, you'll hear basically what you would hear just taking the Vox Tonelab direct into a recording or a PA or etc.

Or just find a good cheap solid state amp. No need for tubes IMO.
www.miraclemaxmusic.com

"Punk is not dead. Punk will only die when corporations can exploit and mass produce it."
Jello Biafra

(so is it dead?)