I'm helping my friend shop for an Electric Guitar. He's not very experienced, but I've been helping him as much as I can. He's looking for a double cutaway with Seymour Duncan pickups. Having a Floyd Rose would be nice, but it's not vital. He's not really particular about WHICH Seymour Duncans it has, other than he wants passive ones with good cleans. He also wants Humbuckers in the bridge and neck and his budget is up to about $1000. He won't buy used, and he plans on playing anything from blues to pop to classic rock to classic metal to modern rock and modern metal. The amp he is buying is a Jet City JCA20 or maybe the JCA50.

Out of all the guitars I've showed him, this is his favorite so far:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Guitar-Research-C-1-Custom-FR-Electric-Guitar-106062581-i1524423.gc

We were just at Guitar Center, and the store had none in stock, so we didn't get to try it, but he wants to try it in person or he won't buy it. He lives by Dover, Ohio and I live in Athens, Ohio.

Any suggestions would be appreciated
Schecter uses standard parts to build all of it's guitar models, so he should just check out other C1 guitars to see if he likes the feel. If he likes the way a Hellraiser plays but wants passive pickups then the C1 Custom is a winner.
ESP LTD MH-1000 NT. Has a Seymour Duncan JB/'59 set, plays awesome, as is great for loads of styles. They use to make them in all kinds of finishes, but I think they're only in blue now. If you can get an older one from 2009 or earlier, then there is Blue, Green, and the Desert Brown Sunburst finishes.

ESP Guitars Link
Sam Ash Link

EDIT: Holy ****ing shit TS, get your friend to jump on this. The seller is from Illinois, and it's an old H-1000 with the gold covered JB/'59 set, and the teardrop headstock. If I had cash right now, I would buy this shit up. I've only ever seen one other like it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LTD-H-1000-ESP-/120703443103?pt=Guitar&hash=item1c1a7c609f

EDIT2: He's not buying used? Well that's pretty shitty. Anyway I'm still leaving these here in case he changes his mind.
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Mar 27, 2011,
Quote by Pat_s1t

EDIT2: He's not buying used? Well that's pretty shitty. Anyway I'm still leaving these here in case he changes his mind.

Nope. He just has this thing against buying guitar stuff used. I have no clue why. He acts like it's less quality if you buy it used. Oh well, his loss. I'll show him the ESP and see what he thinks. I tried to sell him on Fenders and he told me he "just doesn't like them". He wouldn't explain any further. He originally wanted EMGs until I explained to him the downfalls of high-output pickups if you want to play anything clean. He'll eventually learn.

Thanks for the help so far guys

Keep the suggestions coming!
^ yes very much so, once there was a used one at a local guitar store for 300. it was an amazing guitar, and was ready to buy it, but didnt have my wallet, i came back 2 days later and it was gone
Quote by Immora
Jackson Dinkys are very high quality and play nicely.

I haven't seen one with Seymour Duncans yet, though. He doesn't want active pickups, and EMGHZ's suck. He's pretty set on Seymour Duncans.

I personally like Jackson Dinky's and EMGs, but he isn't a metal player at all (yet) and tends to like cleans more than distorted tones.

Any links to some with Seymour Duncans? So far, he really likes that ESP MH-1000NT and still likes the Schecter C1 Custom FR
Quote by carlosyugui

Why pay for a guitar that you have to change the pickups in right away?

However, that Jackson looks mighty fine
Quote by Blktiger0
Why pay for a guitar that you have to change the pickups in right away?

Because IMO the most important thing in a guitar is the feeling and it is something you can't change, some people like the ibanez thin neck and other like the compound radius from jackson.

It's all about playing them really.

Cheers
Main Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Line 6 Flextone III
Quote by carlosyugui
Because IMO the most important thing in a guitar is the feeling and it is something you can't change, some people like the ibanez thin neck and other like the compound radius from jackson.

It's all about playing them really.

Cheers

He doesn't like Ibanez I guess. I'm not a big fan either, but he also said he isn't going to buy a guitar that he has to change the pickups in right away.
Quote by Blktiger0
I haven't seen one with Seymour Duncans yet, though. He doesn't want active pickups, and EMGHZ's suck. He's pretty set on Seymour Duncans.

I personally like Jackson Dinky's and EMGs, but he isn't a metal player at all (yet) and tends to like cleans more than distorted tones.

Any links to some with Seymour Duncans? So far, he really likes that ESP MH-1000NT and still likes the Schecter C1 Custom FR

Everything in the Jackson Pro Series has Seymour Duncans or EMGs.