Im not sure if its the fact that I suck at doing A chord, or that theres something wrong with my G string (third thickest string). When I play Eminor, it sounds perfect. Nothing wrong with it, no dullness, nothing. But. When I play A, it sounds terrible. Dull, and everything. And I'm pretty sure its not my fingerplacement because I test each string out with my fingers the way they are. Some help please?
Thanks~

DR
OP, what tuning are you using?

Standard? Because in standard your third thickest string is D not G... EADGBe

Also what position are you playing the chord... 1st position "open", 2nd "barre", ect...
Quote by MetlHed94

Well played, sir, well played.
A chord.
|-0-|
|-2-|
|-2-|
|-2-|
|---|
|---|
Thats the chord. Sorry, im failing at naming the chords properly. Im learning off of myself xD

Anyways, uhm. Im using Standard Tuning.
Oh, I see. Your right, it IS D. Thanks.

And im using Clean. I even tried if it was my amp's fault, so I disconnected it from the amp, it still makes that screwed up sounds.
Maybe you're out of tune? You need to describe this "sound" in further detail before we can help you.
I think it's your tuning is slightly off or you're doing it wrong. Still it's pretty hard for anyone to fail with this chord.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Nah. Its not my tuning. I tuned it like 3 times with and without connecting it to my tuner.
I was thinking maybe it has something to do with my bridge? Not to long ago, i had to screw a small screw on top of the bridge on the E string. Probably tomorrow ill record what it sounds like.
check your intonation
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
I'm not sure but make sure you aren't strumming the low E string (thickest string when you are playing the A chord. You shouldn't and it won't sound very good.