I've decided that it's time for my rig to take the next big step in gear.

What I've currently got:
-Peavey 5150 combo-converted-head (kinda Meh at this point)
-Crate BV412 with Celestion V30s (don't bash the cab, it's a solid freaking box)
-Modded Schecter C1 Hellraiser, modded Washburn, handbuilt PRS-style guitar
-ZVex Fuzz Factory, Boss NS2, Dunlop 535QC wah, Korg Pitchblack

I'm currently fine with my guitars, but my 5150 and cab is just sort of leaving me unsatisfied at the moment. If need be, I can sell both of them to add to my budget.

Budget
: ~$1600-2400

Genres: Progressive metal, thrash metal, dabble in jazz/rock. AKA want saturated lead tones, but at the same time tolerable cleans (better than my 5150)

New or Used:
Doesn't really matter, used is cheaper

Home or Gig: Used in a practice and live situation with my band. No 10 watters.

Closest City
: Baltimore, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, etc

Also, I'm willing and actually wanting to go towards using a rack for preamp, power amp, effects, etc.
some possible routes to go down:

-ENGL fireball or powerball
-ENGL preamp
-Mesa mark IV/V
-Mesa rectifier
-Axefx preamp
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Mesa Roadster!!
Jbab
Quote by '93
amazing...you sir deserve a lol stack

I am considering the Axe FX but I would also want a nice power amp to go with it, so at the moment unless I save up even more than Axe FX is out of my budget. Also, if I have some extra money I'd sell my Crate cab and go up to a Mills Acoustic/Orange/Vader.
Mesa Mark V would be a good choice. It's a very versatile amp and would be great for progressive metal (Dream Theater and Between the Buried and Me use it) and can easily be used for any other genre. It is has amazing lead tones and it's clean channel is actually very good.
Pres:
ENGL 530 Pre
Randall MTS pre with Salvation modded modules
Mesa Triaxis

Power:
Mesa 2:50
Marshall EL34 50/50
Freyette 2/90/2

Cab:
Emperor. 'nuff said.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
You need to look at Rectifiers or a Mark IV
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
I didn't like my friend's Mesa Single Rec much but I hear that the Dual Rec and Roadster models are totally different animals in some ways. Also, the Mark V is also very appealing. Since it's pretty much identical in price to the Roadster, I'd pick the Mark V.

I'm gonna estimate how much I could get for selling my head and cab, and use that for a new cab. All other funds will go for the head/rack unit.

For rack, I think it's narrowed down to
-Engl E530 or Mesa Triaxis for preamp
-Mesa 2:50:2 or Fryette 2/90/2 for power amp.
In my experience the Dual and Triple Recs sound thicker than the Single Rec but the difference is subtle. I personally preferred the sound of the Single and bought one but I'm selling it now. Also I don't play metal so take this for what it's worth.
www.miraclemaxmusic.com

"Punk is not dead. Punk will only die when corporations can exploit and mass produce it."
Jello Biafra

(so is it dead?)