Poll: Do you believe 9/11 was an inside job?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you believe 9/11 was an inside job?
Yes
26 23%
No
71 63%
Undecided
15 13%
Voters: 112.
Page 1 of 4
so lateley ive become a bit of a conspiracy nut and as a result spend wayy too much time reading theories all over the web, theres alot of crazy sh*t out there and alot of it cant really be disproven. but whether or not the world is going to end next year or if its actually still the 1700's and aliens secretly run the world, what seems clear to me is that the governments of the world arent telling the people the whole truth. 9/11 is a good place to start picking away the lies. anyway im curious how many UGers know the truth

for those new to the topic heres some facts and questions you should ponder:

- the official story claims that the jets crashing into the buildings compromised the structural integrity of the towers enough to allow the ensuing fires to finish the job and caused the buildings to collapse. yet the engineers who designed the towers claim they were designed to withstand multiple hits from aircraft

- Why did a third World Trade Center building collapse even though it was NOT hit by a plane, but only small debris from the 2 towers. in fact, it is the ONLY steel frame building in history to collapse due to fires. furthermore why was this not talked about more in the news than it was, i never heard about this third building till years after 9/11. strange right?

- I think everybody's heard this one before, but why did the 3 buildings that collapsed that day all fall perfectly into their footprint as if they were the result of a controlled demolition?

- Is it just a coincedence that Larry Silverstein took over the lease for the WTC complex in the spring before 9/11, and applied for insurance against terrorism with a big payout. he actually profitted hugely from the attacks

- This isnt exactly 9/11 related but gives us clues about who the real terrorists are. the federal reserve, founded in 1913, is a privately owned business. All us currency is created by the federal reserve and loaned to the us government and interest is charged on every dollar, meaning that we OWE MORE MONEY THAN WHAT ACTUALLY EXISTS. and the common man is forced into debt almost indefinitely. since 1913 these bankers that grabbed the US by the balls have spread debt worldwide through mediums such as the World Bank. Its really not a big secret that debt is used to control people and governments, its a fundamental flaw in capitalism.

If you think i'm just a paranoid conspiracy theorist feel free to say so, as long as you have a valid argument against what i've written here, I'm not claiming to be an expert on this subject, i'm just a concert citizen of the world and I think people need to ask these questions and find answers them self as well. and if we could be in some real trouble in the near future if we dont wake up and realize whats been going on right under our noses

tl;dr: Get an attention span, this is kindof important.
Last edited by Wylde14 at Mar 27, 2011,
Quote by Wylde14
so lateley ive become a bit of a conspiracy nut

Why the redundancy?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Wylde14
so lateley ive become a bit of a conspiracy nut

But then who was screw...?
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
I hope I don't have to see that tinfoil hat picture again.

OT: Conspiracy theories are kind of like mythology to me; they're really interesting and fun to read, it's just hard to believe they actually happened.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Last edited by rgrockr at Mar 27, 2011,
Quote by Wylde14
theres alot of crazy sh*t out there and alot of it cant really be disproven.

I stopped reading right there.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
Quote by rgrockr

OT: Conspiracy theories are kind of like mythology to me; they're really interesting and fun to read, it's just hard to believe they actually happened.

This is exactly how I feel on the topic. I don't think OP is insane, but I don't think he's right/wrong.

There is no such thing as a definite answer to anything.
Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.
I also believe that 9/11 was an inside job, among other general conspiracies. But to be honest with you once I pretty got super caught up in it and learned enough.

I just kind of stopped reading up on the conspiracies and I am glad I did. It was a waste of time. You can pretty much do nothing about it, so live. The government, on the highest levels, are corrupt and in bed with greedy corporations.

They'll eventually get taken down when something they do actually affects the average joe; other than that don't put too much into the many conspiracy topics out there.
Regarding 9/11, I'm not an architect or an engineer so I'm not gonna pretend to know how it happened or if it's unique or anything. Chances are, conspiracy theorists aren't engineers either so they probably have a basic or flawed understanding of the physics involved. I would get the opinions of real engineers if you're interested in the FACTS rather than the TRUTH.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by RG5EX1
This is exactly how I feel on the topic. I don't think OP is insane, but I don't think he's right/wrong.

1+1=2

Given the definition of 1, 2, the + and = sign, there is no way this could not be true. Therefore you have just received a definite answer to something. QED.
Quote by RG5EX1

Quote by Wylde14
theres alot of crazy sh*t out there and alot of it cant really be disproven.

/religion

Also i believe the reptilian Obama did it in an elaborate scheme to get elected
Nope, it was definitely Al Qaeda. Never mind that the CIA directly funded, armed, and trained them from the Soviet-Afghan war onwards, Al Qaeda hijacked planes and smashed them into the two World Trade Centers. WTC7 just collapsed uh...never mind about that. There's absolutely no way that a group of people as caring, liberty loving and humanitarian as the American government would ever stage an attack on their own people to further their own goals. It's a good thing that the Taliban and tens of thousands (if not more) Afghan people, who were completely unrelated to Al Qaeda, paid for it with the invasion of Afghanistan which was won many years ago. I'm glad we can finally feel safe from the evil Muslim boogeyman due to the heroic efforts of the American government in policing the world.
Last edited by AzureNight at Mar 27, 2011,
Quote by Luncbox1
1+1=2

Given the definition of 1, 2, the + and = sign, there is no way this could not be true. Therefore you have just received a definite answer to something. QED.

I for the sake of playing the devil's advocate, I hereby present to you that, in binary, 1+1=10. Problem?
i'll be honest, i couldn't give a shit. whatever the answer, you've still got to carry on living and everybody knows governments are just a little bit rubbish at being any good
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
Quote by MAC2322
I for the sake of playing the devil's advocate, I hereby present to you that, in binary, 1+1=10. Problem?

You're using different definitions of the symbol 1. In binary these symbols are different than in other counting systems.

But all you've shown is that 1+1 can equal something other than 2 when you're using different number systems.

You still haven't shown that 1+1 does not equal 2.
Quote by nimrod_hahahaha
i'll be honest, i couldn't give a shit. whatever the answer, you've still got to carry on living and everybody knows governments are just a little bit rubbish at being any good

Agreed. Who cares about reality or what's going on in the world? Who cares if the government is actually exploiting it's own people and has been responsible for the deaths of millions worldwide in illegitimate wars that they have no interest in ending? It's our own selfish interests that matter, nothing else. I'll be god damned if I have to go outside and care about anything other than myself.

Say, did you hear that Prince William's wedding cake is made of cookies? Front page on CNN.
Quote by MAC2322

The symbol 1 in binary stands for something different than the symbol 1 in regular maths.
Although they look the same, they are not.
Quote by rgrockr
Regarding 9/11, I'm not an architect or an engineer so I'm not gonna pretend to know how it happened or if it's unique or anything. Chances are, conspiracy theorists aren't engineers either so they probably have a sophomoric understanding of the physics involved. I would get the opinions of real engineers if you're interested in the FACTS rather than the TRUTH.

you dont really think people just sit at home and go "that looks like it was an inside job, im gunna go post that on the internet and make up a bunch of stuff" do you?

okay well alot of people probably do, but thats not my point lol. i cant speak for other people but I personally base my opinion on facts not what people tell me is right, REAL engineers and scientists and demolition experts have given their opinion, and everything i said in my first post can be proven if you do the research yourself. problem is society is too lazy and appathetic to do that so they just label these people "conspiracy theorists" and then go to mcdonalds for a big mac

theres lots of stuff i think might be true but theres too much speculation for me to be sure. which is why i wont be talking about freemasonry and crap like that
Quote by Luncbox1
You're using different definitions of the symbol 1. In binary these symbols are different than in other counting systems.

But all you've shown is that 1+1 can equal something other than 2 when you're using different number systems.

You still haven't shown that 1+1 does not equal 2.

Fair enough.
I can't really believe the whole 9/11 conspiracy stuff. I would think that in order to pull off something like that there would have to be way too many people involved that no one would come out and say they were directly involved and blow the lid off of the whole thing.

And why would they even worry about making it a 'controlled demolition'?

It just seems really far fetched
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
PREFACE: I loved Zeitgeist.

That being said, I don't think 9/11 was an inside job. I believe the Bush administration had previous knowledge of the attacks, for whatever period of time. Could have just been a day, could have been longer.
The real question is, does it change anything if it IS an inside job?

No. It's already happened. Therefore, I don't care.
Am no expert and this is just my personal thoughts abut your questions

- the official story claims that the jets crashing into the buildings compromised the structural integrity of the towers enough to allow the ensuing fires to finish the job and caused the buildings to collapse. yet the engineers who designed the towers claim they were designed to withstand multiple hits from aircraft

My understanding is that the towers where designed to take impact from planes of smaller size, as planes have increased in size and the engineers didn't take into account of increasing plane size during design.

Weren't designed to withstand fire + impact

Initial impact removed fire protection from steel frame, heating from fire weakened the steel and the towers collapsed under own weight

- I think everybody's heard this one before, but why did the 3 buildings that collapsed that day all fall perfectly into their footprint as if they were the result of a controlled demolition?

When they finally fell, there was no external forces acting on the towers except their own weight. Hence there was no horizontal component acting when they fell therefore they fell straight down resulting in it looking like a controlled demolition

- Is it just a coincedence that Larry Silverstein took over the lease for the WTC complex in the spring before 9/11, and applied for insurance against terrorism with a big payout. he actually profitted hugely from the attacks

Perhaps, but there was threats beforehand and most major properties will have extremely comprehensive insurance to protect the lease holders in all situations

- This isnt exactly 9/11 related but gives us clues about who the real terrorists are. the federal reserve, founded in 1913, is a privately owned business. All us currency is created by the federal reserve and loaned to the us government and interest is charged on every dollar, meaning that we OWE MORE MONEY THAN WHAT ACTUALLY EXISTS. and the common man is forced into debt almost indefinitely. since 1913 these bankers that grabbed the US by the balls have spread debt worldwide through mediums such as the World Bank. Its really not a big secret that debt is used to control people and governments, its a fundamental flaw in capitalism.

Don't understand what connection you are making here with the banks

The big problem I have with the 9/11 conspiracy theory is that it would require too many people to know, there would of been a whistle blower
My 2 cents instead of just calling TS batshit crazy.
Do I think 9/11 was an inside job? I've no idea nor a way to know. Neither side of the argument presents more than questions and counter-points most of the time. Admittedly, I've not done much research for the simple reason that I've always found the murder of thousands of people more interesting/significant/relevant/proveable than who the murderers were, so that's where I focus my attention in such tragedies.
The government lies all the time, but I've got shit to do, and I don't have time to criticize their every move. Actually I do have the time, but there are ways I'd much rather spend it.
Quote by rgrockr
Regarding 9/11, I'm not an architect or an engineer so I'm not gonna pretend to know how it happened or if it's unique or anything. Chances are, conspiracy theorists aren't engineers either so they probably have a basic or flawed understanding of the physics involved. I would get the opinions of real engineers if you're interested in the FACTS rather than the TRUTH.

I am an engineer. An aerospace engineer. I've torn apart that jet fuel doesn't get hot enough bullshit so many times it hurt. And I'm not doing it any more. It's a waste of time.
The people that believe this shit are morons that can't understand things like compression, convection and induction. They don't understand that there were several hundreds of thousands of pounds of other combustibles in the burn barrel. They don't want to know if you burn aluminum magnesium and steel you get the same traces of thermite you get from burning thermite. They don't want to know that 757s are full of aluminum magnesium and steel they want it to be thermite.
They don't want to understand. They want to feel superior. They want to know something nobody else does.
They are for the most part morons.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Last edited by Jackal58 at Mar 27, 2011,
Quote by sacamano79

Well they would do it in order for to gain the support of the US people into going to war with a country that doesn't deserve it.
It's a pretty common tactic, especially where the USA is concerned.
Quote by sacamano79
I can't really believe the whole 9/11 conspiracy stuff. I would think that in order to pull off something like that there would have to be way too many people involved that no one would come out and say they were directly involved and blow the lid off of the whole thing.

Yeah; it's far more likely that an international James Bond SPECTRE-esque group of all-powerful Muslim terrorists led by the evil Osama Bin-Laden who began as insurgents directly funded, trained and equipped by the CIA carefully orchestrated a perfectly planned attack on multiple buildings (including the carefully monitored Pentagon) with zero outside support and of their own volition, while being completely ignored by the air traffic monitors. Also, WTC7 just collapsed...ah fuck, who cares about WTC7 anyways.

Besides, there have been zero covert operations by the American government in human history. Had this been an inside job, they would have even told the janitors in the White House about it.

Frankly, I think this discussion should be dropped and the American government should never be questioned. We have more important things to worry about, like the NCAA tournament.
Last edited by AzureNight at Mar 27, 2011,
If you saw Zeitgeist or Loose Change and bought into it you are extremely gullible. You really think it's plausible that a few rich Americans killed thousands of their own and started a war to make themselves more rich?? Really??? Come on people.
Quote by sacamano79

i ask that question myself, but its like... theres a few questions you can ask that make it seem unlikely that it was an inside job, but what about all the other coincidences? they speak a little louder than one question like that. my best guess is the more surrounding damage they cause the less they would profit? i cant say for sure obviously.

and youre right, there would have to be way too many people involved to keep it quiet. which is exactly why we're able to know this stuff. lots of people in the government and military have come forward denying the official 9/11 story. watch the documentaries by the late Aaron Russo. and if you wanna get scared into paralysis you could look up Alex Jones hah.

Edit: if you look into history youll see that this isnt the first time something like this happened. its called a false flag attack.
Quote by Wylde14
you dont really think people just sit at home and go "that looks like it was an inside job, im gunna go post that on the internet and make up a bunch of stuff" do you?

okay well alot of people probably do, but thats not my point lol. i cant speak for other people but I personally base my opinion on facts not what people tell me is right, REAL engineers and scientists and demolition experts have given their opinion, and everything i said in my first post can be proven if you do the research yourself. problem is society is too lazy and appathetic to do that so they just label these people "conspiracy theorists" and then go to mcdonalds for a big mac

theres lots of stuff i think might be true but theres too much speculation for me to be sure. which is why i wont be talking about freemasonry and crap like that

You wouldn't happen to have links to these "expert "views?
Last edited by AVIDFANOFSOUNDS at Mar 27, 2011,
Quote by AVIDFANOFSOUNDS
You wouldn't happen to have links to these expert views?

certainly.

http://www.ae911truth.org/

edit: actually thats probably not that helpful, i just did a quick search lol. ill find something with more substance

Quote by poopsmith666
I sincerely hope one day you look back at this post and realize how ignorant you're being about the concept of getting high.

Quote by strat0blaster
Out of those choices, I'm going to go with the Bastrapple.
Quote by Jackal58
I am an engineer. An aerospace engineer. I've torn apart that jet fuel doesn't get hot enough bullshit so many times it hurt. And I'm not doing it any more. It's a waste of time.
The people that believe this shit are morons that can't understand things like compression, convection and induction. They don't understand that there were several hundreds of thousands of pounds of other combustibles in the burn barrel. They don't want to know if you burn aluminum magnesium and steel you get the same traces of thermite you get from burning thermite. They don't want to know that 757s are full of aluminum magnesium and steel they want it to be thermite.
They don't want to understand. They want to feel superior. They want to know something nobody else does.
They are for the most part morons.

And I've been a witness.
Page 1 of 4