I figure its pretty common for almost everyone relative my age, give or take a few years, to have a facebook. How many friends do you have that dont have facebook? my one cancelled his 8 months ago, only planning to go a month or so without it. Do you think not having one does disconnect you from a lot of people? do you not care about staying in touch with people? will i think of more questions???
DECRESCENDO
I don't have one and all my friends do. I don't care. If anything interesting happens they tell me, I'm not left out or anything. And I have more free time because I don't have to check for messages and updates everything 30 seconds.
I didn't have one until 3 weeks ago. My friends set up one for me and gave me the password. Addicted to it now.
I used to not have one. It's handy for contacting some people but it gets old real fast to check for messages every 40 seconds xD
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
i don't have one. i don't really want people who i barely know to know what i'm doing at all times, and if someone really wanted to know, they could just call me and ask, and if they don't have my number, chances are they are one of those people that i don't want knowing in the first place.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I had one, canceled it after a month.

it SHOULDN'T disconnect people. because if you care about them enough you'd make attempts to contact them other than a website. situational though.

basicly as before if you care you'll make contact other than facebook.

Yes!, you shall ask people who is their second favorite one piece character!

Also facebook makes your life open to anyone, whether you want it to or not. and people have grown to take it way to sersouly which is causing alot of problems, I have some very personal ones I wish not to disclose
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Quote by theogonia777
i don't have one. i don't really want people who i barely know to know what i'm doing at all times, and if someone really wanted to know, they could just call me and ask, and if they don't have my number, chances are they are one of those people that i don't want knowing in the first place.
Very much this. I did lose contact with a lot of people when I deleted mine. But what does that entail exactly? More free time? Less obligatory shallow social bull?

It was the best decision ever.
Quote by diofan88
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Every band is a lotr metal band. Metal is like Guile's theme for Lotr.
Quote by mcjosh
Whoever thinks Japan deserved the tsunami in any way should just go away and fucking die alone.
i only have one friend who doesn't have facebook.and I do believe that things like social network and texting really distance ones self from other cause how can you get to know someone through word on a screen.I am only 19 but i think that the youth of today is completely stupid and that social networks and texting are the worst thing you canlet your child do.

But that is just my 2 cents
I have Facebook, but I could easily see myself being the "friend without it". Sometimes I forget I even have it and go days and even weeks without checking, but I don't really care enough to delete it. Besides, right now I'm working with some other people on something where a lot of the information is shared via Facebook, so for that sole reason it's useful to me right now. I might actually bother deleting it this summer, though. Will see.
When some stranger on the internet says it is so, it must be so.
man f*ck facebook. We're bringin back Myspace. That niggah Tom is awfully lonely down there.
I have an ex that's thoroughly convinced they'll steal her precious personal info, so she doesn't use it. Nevermind that she has 2 accounts- she just doesn't use them.
Quote by Will-kun
man f*ck facebook. We're bringin back Myspace. That niggah Tom is awfully lonely down there.

but Tom ****ed up myspace. it was still great for bands and music, but now the layout is all changed up to look just like facebook, and it's slower than ever and a pain to use. seriously, turning myspace into a ripoff of facebook is not the answer.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by brender
i only have one friend who doesn't have facebook.and I do believe that things like social network and texting really distance ones self from other cause how can you get to know someone through word on a screen.I am only 19 but i think that the youth of today is completely stupid and that social networks and texting are the worst thing you canlet your child do.

But that is just my 2 cents

Sounds like generic comment #2 to me.
One of my friends doesn't have it. He's the "too cool for facebook" type. He looks down on social networking and modern technology. I can see where he comes from but Facebook is too useful to abandon.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
I don't like Facebook. First off, I value privacy towards my own life and what is going on in it. By having Facebook I open myself up to people finding about more about my personal life than I'd like them to know. When I deal with problems in my life I don't want the whole world knowing, and I feel that Facebook sort of broadcasts information like this one way or another.

Secondly, I am a social person. Social in the sense that I love talking to people in real life or by a phone call. I despise texting and instant messaging unless it is absolutely necessary. Too many of the people my age communicate via texting and IM, I consider it to be a 'cold' way of communicating. I don't even like talking to people on the phone. If possible I want to talk to somebody face to face.

Finally, it shows me who my friends are. I don't have Facebook, so you actually have to put in a bit of effort to hang out with me and to know what is going on in my life. I find it does a great job of separating my acquittance's from my friends.

I do very well without Facebook, I don't see the need.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
I don't like Facebook. First off, I value privacy towards my own life and what is going on in it. By having Facebook I open myself up to people finding about more about my personal life than I'd like them to know. When I deal with problems in my life I don't want the whole world knowing, and I feel that Facebook sort of broadcasts information like this one way or another.

Secondly, I am a social person. Social in the sense that I love talking to people in real life or by a phone call. I despise texting and instant messaging unless it is absolutely necessary. Too many of the people my age communicate via texting and IM, I consider it to be a 'cold' way of communicating. I don't even like talking to people on the phone. If possible I want to talk to somebody face to face.

Finally, it shows me who my friends are. I don't have Facebook, so you actually have to put in a bit of effort to hang out with me and to know what is going on in my life. I find it does a great job of separating my acquittance's from my friends.

I do very well without Facebook, I don't see the need.

You do realize that only you can post what Facebook can show right? If you're having problems with your life, don't post it on facebook. My mom was in a car accident the other day and I didn't post it on Facebook. Facebook doesn't know anything about you unless you give it your input.
I have one, it's pretty useful, musically for arranging gigs and letting your friends know about it.

Quote by theogonia777
i don't have one. i don't really want people who i barely know to know what i'm doing at all times

No one says you have to update it with whatever you're doing, I know someone who uses his account to post jokes.

Quote by metaldud536
You do realize that only you can post what Facebook can show right? If you're having problems with your life, don't post it on facebook. My mom was in a car accident the other day and I didn't post it on Facebook. Facebook doesn't know anything about you unless you give it your input.

+1
Last edited by GezzyDiversion at Mar 27, 2011,
I have a couple. I feel like they are left out of some stuff, but it's not that big
Drummer in my band lives in the stone ages, he's a brickie and can't turn a computer on let alone use facebook. Pretty funny to be honest, he's only 23, he cops alot of shit for it. He's never really left out of stuff, all the stuff worth remembering happens in real life anyway.
I'm the friend without the facebook, although I'm planning to get one somewhere this month because I want to meet more people that share the same music tastes as I do so I can go concerts and know at least one person there.

* Talk to people in real life *

Yeah, but talking to people in classrooms, parties and clubs kind of run its course (and only thing we have in common is drinking so not much friendship going there)
I have one, the only reason I still have it is because some of my friends are studying abroad. I know there are other ways of staying in contact, but this one works fine.
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Steam/XBL Gamertag: Ostinattos

Why not Zoidberg?

Note: Every time someone posts <3 all I see is testicles with a party hat.
I know a few who don't, but most people I know do.
What are you dense?
Are you retarded or something?
Who the hell do you think I am?
I'm the goddamn Batman.

April 19th, 2011: The Night of the Boob

Quote by suckersdream
I don't have one and all my friends do. I don't care. If anything interesting happens they tell me, I'm not left out or anything. And I have more free time because I don't have to check for messages and updates everything 30 seconds.

This
You don't need facebook to stay connected with people. Sorry, but poking someone or occasionally writing on someone's wall is not making an effort to keep in touch.
My name is Matt. Love me.
Quote by Miniskirt
Sounds like generic comment #2 to me.

Why don't you STFU and contribute something usefull to the thread instead of writing smart ass comments about other peoples comments you dick!
I deleted mine. It wasted all my time, and was more negative than good. I just laughed/got pissed off at all the stupid people and what they posted. And so I deleted it. It was a good decision, I have more free time and I never really missed having one.

Quote by Braiton
I don't have one, and have no problem contacting my friends.

This, plus I'm all rebellious and am against facebook and the image it portrays.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
the people who use facebook are shallow, dillusional, self-centered, & lack immense self-awareness....but it can get you laid, so i have one
Quote by avalonfour
You don't need facebook to stay connected with people. Sorry, but poking someone or occasionally writing on someone's wall is not making an effort to keep in touch.

It is good for getting a hold of someone you haven't seen or spoken to in years. If it wasn't for my drunken invitations to people I couldn't get a hold of otherwise, I don't know where I'd be. It's good for RECONNECTING. Not so much staying connected.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
It is good for getting a hold of someone you haven't seen or spoken to in years. If it wasn't for my drunken invitations to people I couldn't get a hold of otherwise, I don't know where I'd be. It's good for RECONNECTING. Not so much staying connected.

True. One of my uncles is in the process of digging up his family history and he's found a ton of information by way of finding and communicating with lost relatives on facebook. That's pretty cool.
My name is Matt. Love me.
Quote by brender
Why don't you STFU and contribute something usefull to the thread instead of writing smart ass comments about other peoples comments you dick!

I did earlier, what do you think generic comment #1 is?

EDIT: Just saying, any method of contact is the same, facebook is a useful one if you don't have anything else. And no, I use facebook TO make plans most of the time. You're saying that letting kids text/facebook is the worst thing you can let them do? Hardly.

I'm not gonna argue whether or not the "youth of today is completely stupid", but they sure are busy sometimes, and now I have a way of talking to people I very rarely get to see.
Last edited by Miniskirt at Mar 27, 2011,