At the start i want to mention that i know nothing at all about pickups ...

Ok .. so i have a Epiphone Les Paul with the standrad pickups

and i want to get new pair of pickups... i want to spend around 150-200 euro on them

And the sound im lookin for is like in screamo/death metal bands
such as Bring me the horizon, Miss my i , Asking alexnadria or Bullets for my valentine ... something like that ... but aswell i dont want it to saund awful on songs like Sweet child o mine or Living on the prayer ... but i want them to be better at the metal sound ... if you get me

Soo ... could you suggest me any pickups that would fit my prescription above ??
Last edited by AdrianLP at Mar 27, 2011,
What amplifier do you have? Different amps work better/worse with different pickups; some pickups work well with some amps, others don't. And what's your playing style, like, do you play rhythm mostly, do you play lots of lead? Do you like to use the volume controls on the guitar to "clean up" or do you prefer to use a multi-channel amp with dedicated clean and distorted channels?
Quote by grohl1987
What amplifier do you have? Different amps work better/worse with different pickups; some pickups work well with some amps, others don't. And what's your playing style, like, do you play rhythm mostly, do you play lots of lead? Do you like to use the volume controls on the guitar to "clean up" or do you prefer to use a multi-channel amp with dedicated clean and distorted channels?

Yeah it's true that EMG or Duncans pickup won't sound metal on a jazz amp...
But if he wants to play BFMV style of music, he should already have an amp that sounds OK for metal. If not, he needs to buy a good amp, like Marshall, Fender, Peavy, etc. After, if he didn't get the wanted sound, he could go for EMG's or Duncan's, or even buy a pedal.
Ayy there
Quote by metalhead983877
EMG or Seymour Duncan pickups are the best.

lolwut?

what's your amp?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by metalhead983877
EMG or Seymour Duncan pickups are the best. But do you have double (humbucker) pickups or singles?

He said he has an epiphone les paul.
Pretty standard that it's a dual humbucker guitar.

TS: go with dimarzio.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
If your gonna get Active pick ups I personally think sd blackout are more versatile. If you want passives avoid SD and EMG, I'd go with dimarzio. With Dimarzio try a D-Activator bridge and Paf pro in the neck
GEAR
PRS:SE Singlecut w/ Crunchlab/Airnorton
ESP:Eclipse Standard
LTD:SCT607B
Fender:MIM Silverburst Tele
Line6:Pod HD500X
Ovation:EliteT1778
yeah we still need to know your amp. Location would be useful too (i'm assuming you're in europe when you say euro, but depending on what country you're in, there might be better or worse options).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?