I'm thinking of purchasing an USB audio interface, to record and play. My question is more about the playing...

I'm thinking of LINE6 POD STUDIO GX (or maybe UX1).

I'm thinking of using for playing on a daily basis, but not with the use of headphones. Can i put this device line out back to the PC and perform with both the guitar sound and also with some jam tracks? Or must i have separate speakers for computer and for the POD?
I'm using my UX2 as a universal soundcard. The only cases when I can't play along to jamming tracks is when I use custom ASIO Drivers (ASIO4ALL) for better latency. Those drivers only let you listen to one application at a time but are very useful for precise recording of original work.

Anyway! Answer is the POD can playback your guitar sound and jamming tracks at the same time.
I personally recommend the UX1 having a UX2 myself and knowing it's one hell of a product.
Quote by saiza
I'm thinking of purchasing an USB audio interface, to record and play. My question is more about the playing...

I'm thinking of LINE6 POD STUDIO GX (or maybe UX1).

I'm thinking of using for playing on a daily basis, but not with the use of headphones. Can i put this device line out back to the PC and perform with both the guitar sound and also with some jam tracks? Or must i have separate speakers for computer and for the POD?

i got some cheap ass mini speakers to connect to toneport,has to be seperate.
The GX will get the job done but don't trust it lasting several years.

If you want something close to the same price then get an M Audio Fast Track MKII instead.
you shouldnt need to run an extra line from the output to the input of your computer. not all drivers will allow this, but there are some that you can have your input and output as separate sources. ASIO4ALL is a free one that comes to mind.

so you set up your FX in your DAW, drop the backing track onto a second track, and set your output to your soundcard. simple enough to set up in software.

or, just plug your 1/8" jack for the speakers into the headphone port on the GX.
Thanks all. I guess GX does the work, i was trying to see if UX1 could be better to my needs, but i don't see that the extra features could help me.