Hey man it's cool! But it sounds more like metalcore than heavy metal IMO, but it's you. The song sounds really nice. I like it, and I showed it to some friends that liked it. But there's a thing I want to ask you: how did you recorded the song?
Ayy there
the intro riff sounds a lot like the verse riff of Crow Killer by Unearth. apart from that i like it.
Quote by metalhead983877
Hey man it's cool! But it sounds more like metalcore than heavy metal IMO, but it's you. The song sounds really nice. I like it, and I showed it to some friends that liked it. But there's a thing I want to ask you: how did you recorded the song?

Thanks man! I recorded it with Pod Farm and Reaper.
Quote by TractorMan
the intro riff sounds a lot like the verse riff of Crow Killer by Unearth. apart from that i like it.

I've never even heard the song before so that is kind of interesting... I'll have to check into that, but thanks!
Quote by JWG2007
Thanks man! I recorded it with Pod Farm and Reaper.

Ok thanks for the info Because I record my things with an USB microphone and the quality sucks a little...
Ayy there
That's a really good mix but the bass seems like it overpowers everything
but other than that I really like it
The bass overpowers absolutely everything in its path. That's bad, especially since the melody and rhythm weren't on the bass. The drums are mixed a bit high too.

The melody at 2:06 sounds like Amon Amarth. The tone is too thin, though. It sounds better when the harmonies come in, but if you added a track with that same melody and harmony an octave lower and mixed it just below the main two, you'd do a lot to tighten up the melody.

The solo tone has a fvck lot of reverb in a bad way - there's good reverb abuse (like Necrophagist), and then there's really obvious reverb abuse. Your tone falls into the latter category. Lower the reverb and up the mids some on your tone and it will sound loads better, I suspect.

Out of curiosity, what amp model were you using? If you want to tighten that sound up, lower the bass, scoop the mids ever so slightly on the rhythm track (say, around 60-75%) and have the treble high (somewhere around 75-90%). The gain wasn't too high, which is a really common problem you sidestepped neatly. Cut the reverb levels on the solo, up the mids some and lower the treble to around 75% and that ought to sound better.

The riffs themselves were a little generic, but they didn't clash with one another. Vocals might do this track good, provided they aren't trying too hard (which is the impression I get from this track so far). You had a couple of good ideas, but they didn't get the time they needed. Overall, this sounds like some growing pains; you had ideas, some good, some bad, but they all got thrown in together without any unifying theme. It's not bad, per se, but your better ideas (like that intro riff and the melody around 2:06) should be expanded upon rather than being allowed to stagnate alongside the more generic riffs.

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=26784175
Thanks for your comment.

That is rockin sh*t.

I don't normally listen to heavy stuff, like metal or hard house and stuff. But I like it, and I judge how I like that kind of music by imagining myself going totally mental at a live gig, and I can imagine going batsh*t bugnuts at your gig.

The section that starts at 2:03 is a bit uninspired, I think you should shorten it down a good bit, it takes from the song's overall energy.

The solo that follows is deadly! I like the reverb, its vintage.
Last edited by Icarus Lives at Mar 27, 2011,
It sounds really good, someone mentioned it sounded like metalcore, but I think it has a more melodic death sound, also with the bass, people are mentioning it's overpowering, but I actually don't mind it, I think it suits the song in some places. That's just me though haha, you should deffinitly add some vocals, or find someone to add some! C4C?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1426173
Hi there!

nice stuff!! i really liked the drums! the tone on the guitar needs some high there, the bass shold be in the back just a little, being in the front make the track to sound a little muddy, the arrangement its really good, in the solo part there's some notes out of key, maybe you should check this out and rewrite that part too... overall good riffs man, keep up the good work, it's really good.

c4c? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1417066
The song definitely moves, which is something I really look for in metal songs. The feeling of motion, the picking up and dropping. This song has the feeling, and the playing is above par.

It's a clean recording but if you want to try this:

-Lowering the bass volume
-adding a high pass filter to the guitars taking out everything under like 100hz
-this will make your guitars sound punchier because the bass now has a spot to fill up.

but thats just an idea, other than that it's a good song.
check mine?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=26803810#post26803810
--------

Just because you're breathing doesn't mean you're alive. Just because you're human doesn't mean you have to die.

the gear:
gibson sg
marshall mg100fx head/4x12 slant cab
im a minimalist.