How Matt's solo in Say Goodnight is slow but yet fast at the same time? I really want to learn this song, an I have the song book for Scream Aim Fire. So I know what to play, but I just don't get how it sound's slow but yet it's fast.
Explain to me...what the heck you're talking about. Your statement doesn't make sense.
I think it's just a good example of legato. Sounds likehe's emphasizing notes when changing notes and making the other notes flow nicely afterwards. Could be wrong. Haven't looked at a score or anything, but that's how it sounds to me.
What I mean is when I try an play it it's slow, but just listening to it it sound's fast. So what do I set my metronome to then( click's an bpm ).
Last edited by Austin174 at Mar 27, 2011,
Quote by rhys digby
I think it's just a good example of legato. Sounds likehe's emphasizing notes when changing notes and making the other notes flow nicely afterwards. Could be wrong. Haven't looked at a score or anything, but that's how it sounds to me.

You lost me for a few second's lol, but I think I know what you mean.
Quote by Austin174
What I mean is when I try an play it it's slow, but just listening to it it sound's fast. So what do I set my metronome to then( click's an bpm ).

The book shows you what tempo to play it at...
No. The tempo of the song is 114, set your metronome to that. Make sure it's set to 4/4 time.
Alright thank you. I just tried playing twice, once with alt pick an second just like a sweep/up pick, an I did alot better with the sweep/up pick. Does that have to do with my technique? Because my alt pick is alot better then my down pick.