Quick lowdown. I have a Crate Vintage Club 30 112. Plugged it in today and had no sound. Tried out different guitars, cables, etc, nothing. However, when I cranked up the gain, I could hear the hum, and when I shook it, the sound of the reverb springs came thru. When I plugged my guitar directly into the effects loop (This is the first amp I've seen where the effects loop is just one input), I got a signal (Although, with no control of tone/volume/etc). So, the problem is with either the input or the EQ?

Anyways, my question is, for this next gig, would I do any harm by just plugging my pedalboard and guitar into the loop, using my pedals to control the sound, and keeping it at a low volume? Or will this do harm to the amp?
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
yeah, it's safe. basically, what you're doing is running straight into the poweramp of the amplifier, and this leads me to believe there's something wrong in the preamp section, maybe just a couple bad tubes. running straight into the poweramp is totally fine
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Alright. The sound is pretty bland, so I'll either mess around with my pedals to try and get a decent sound, or I'll just find another amp. All of the tubes are glowing, is there anything else I can check to troubleshoot, or do I just have to wait until a pro can see it?
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo