Page 1 of 2
I am a drummer, so I cannot play the guitar. I love the 1960's tribute Les Paul that I bought for my son. P90 pickups. Sounds great, no quality issues.
Thoughts on the guitar?

Adopt me? then you wont have to pay for lessons and we can give him a squir bass and I can teach him that too!

EDIT: Why do you have an Ultimate GUITAR account if you don't play guitar??
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
I think your son might get robbed in the next couple days...
Quote by SonOfPest
Its the Lydian mode; formed in Eastern Arabia when the Persians invaded England.

Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
try the sexolydian scale.
Well he did not take to the drums and loves the guitar. He is on his 6 month of lessons and us doing real good. So I figured what the heck. It is for his 10th birthday coming up in April.
Quote by jwd724
I think your son might get robbed in the next couple days...

Quote by Controlpanel
Adopt me? then you wont have to pay for lessons and we can give him a squir bass and I can teach him that too!

EDIT: Why do you have an Ultimate GUITAR account if you don't play guitar??

Well I am trying to learn about guitars. You can join a drum forum if you wish!
smart man is smart....
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Dad also has a 1942 Gibson acoustic, and a 1980's Gibson ES 335 Studio. He is a drummer also!
Last edited by meadowz06 at Mar 27, 2011,
Its good when drummers learn guitar or keys, its helps them develop a lot more understanding not only of that instrument but song writing and how music works

there's nothing to be lost joining this forum
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Adopt me. I'll murder my bro, dad and grandad and inherit all the juice.

O.K
Those are awesome guitars. The Gibson limited run LPs have been great recently. Hell of a finish, too.

Just make sure he's careful with the headstock joint. I'm sure he'll be as responsible as he knows how, but it's a heavy guitar for a 10 year old and it would be a shame to have to get it repaired.
Oh, wow that is one lucky 9 year old. Wish him HNGD from the guys at UG :p
My Gear:
Suzuki Classical Guitar from 60s
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Monterey Steel String Acoustic
Maton M255 Steel String Acoustic
Agile AL-3100 w/ EMG 81/85
Bugera 6262-212
You're the best dad in the whole world.
Wave goodbye to the past.
You've got your whole life to lead.

Schecter C-1+ with SD '59/Custom 5
Egnater Tweaker 15
PolyTune noir
Algal Bloom fuzz
Fingerprint Redux fuzz
Nocturner reverb
Flashback delay
Oh my god. You're an amazing father! That's really awesome, man. I hope your son realizes what an instrument he's been handed
Nothing Spesh here. NEXT
Caparison Angelus HGS, EMG 85/85 18V | Krank Rev1, JJ's | Mesa Recto Cab | Maxon OD808
Awesome, lucky kid!

However, that might be to much guitar for him to handle. Although, he should keep it, for a long time, so when he's my age and older, his guitar friends can still be jealous of it.
Quote by theogonia777
Lefthandedkid is super awesome, ja?

Quote by rgrockr
I guess fire extinguishers have to be filled with something other than fire retardant now, because apparently that's offensive.

Watch my stream?
I generally don't advise giving a kid an expensive guitar.
But that is one beauty of a Les Paul.

I hope your kid takes to it, and doesn't quit like most children that age.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
nice choice.

i'm a proud father as well.

don't sell him short on the amp!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Wish I had money like that growing up.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional - 11
Fender Stratocaster MIM - 04
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
oh man. thats one of the nicest gibsons ive ever seen. not studios, all of em. something about it. the wood looks so nice and it looks like ith as a great satin finish. i like the cream off white too. 60s - so that means the 60 era slim taper neck? my fav. sweet guitar.

for a 9 year old? christ. can he even play? dang man i cant even own a gibson now. hes gonna have some expensive tastes if he stays with it haha
He is lucky, but I am very particular about my instruments. He knows that he cannot pull the guitar out unless I supervise. The funny thing is that I bought it, but he cannot get it until April 18th, his 10th birthday. He is about to jump out of his skin. Thank's for the kind comments.
Quote by djentman
It will last him a long time....MAKE SURE HE NEVER GETS RID OF IT!!!!!

Not a chance. We are a family of keepers. My dad still has his 1965 Ludwig drum set that he bought new. And he is 77. Original heads. I am the same way. We collect drums and now guitars. This we go nicely with the ES 335 studio and the 1942 Gibson archtop acoustic.
Quote by ikey_
oh man. thats one of the nicest gibsons ive ever seen. not studios, all of em. something about it. the wood looks so nice and it looks like ith as a great satin finish. i like the cream off white too. 60s - so that means the 60 era slim taper neck? my fav. sweet guitar.

for a 9 year old? christ. can he even play? dang man i cant even own a gibson now. hes gonna have some expensive tastes if he stays with it haha

Funny that you say that because I bought him a custom made drum set and he never took to the drums. He is on his 6th month of guitar lessons and loves it and he practices at home. I made him learn on an acoustic. Cheap Mexican made scaled down Martin. He still has to take the Martin to his lessons.
Last edited by meadowz06 at Mar 28, 2011,
*epic facepalm*

sell guitar, and buy him a starting guitar.
even a nice guitar, not a ****ing unreal old vintage gibson, if you cannot play, you damn well better learn with that beast son.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by zkhrats
more than a little jealous of your nine year old

Yeah, this about sums it up.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio 60's Tribute
SX stratocaster
MIA Fender Stratocaster
Vox AD50 Vox AC15C1 Vox AC30CC2X Laney LH50r
Guitar>Joe Bonamossa Crybaby > AquaPuss> Sparkle Drive> Green Rhino> DejaVibe> Amplifier
CROWN VIC
Surprised there isnt a higher level of butthurt kids in this thread.

who secretly wish op was there dad
wow, that's awesome! Isn't that what being a dad is about, wanting your kids to have a better life than you? I'd say be sure he has a "travel" guitar too so it's not out of the house until he's a bit older and can be more careful. It's pretty awesome and I say if you got the money to spend then more power to ya!
Check out "thelastplaceyoulook" on YouTube, iTunes and [url="http://facebook.com/thelastplaceyoulook
"]Facebook
Page 1 of 2