Page 1 of 2
Okay my girlfriend has been texting me because her step dad came to their house and tried to run her over with his truck. Then he almost stabbed her mom. This isn't the first time he has done these things and has been arrested before. We also know for a fact he is on drugs. So they called the cops and he left before they got there. But then he came back and they called the cops again, cops got there and didn't do anything. Nothing. All they said was "We can't do anything unless someone is hit or killed."

BULL.

He trespassed on their property and threatened their lives, and he already has warrants for his arrest anyway. So basically, this dangerous person is allowed to go free because he hasn't killed anyone yet even though he repeatedly tries to. Is there anything that can be done about it? Anyone to contact who could do something about it? I don't want him going off the deep end and actually killing them.
Call the police and say this man is attempting to murder two people. He is high and hyper-aggressive. You're being an idiot for not forcing the matter (or your girlfriend is, or her mom).
Quote by trueamerican
Call the police and say this man is attempting to murder two people. He is high and hyper-aggressive. You're being an idiot for not forcing the matter (or your girlfriend is, or her mom).

I'm not even near them, in fact I'm in another state and don't know the exact details. But I'm talking to her and trying to tell her these things they could tell the police. (As far as I know they are still there.)
Quote by trueamerican

This. And if he has a warrant out for his arrest, then tell the cops that, I'd be surprised if they did nothing.
You just have to be forceful.
RIP Gooze

cats
If it gets too bad I would call a higher department and tell them your situation. People do their jobs when their bosses hear about it.

^No man. I saw an opportunity for that earlier today. You missed it
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Okay, the cops just told them the same thing and left. :/ Jesus Christ, at least give him a blood alcohol test, I know he drinks a ton.
Quote by space aids
I'm not even near them, in fact I'm in another state and don't know the exact details. But I'm talking to her and trying to tell her these things they could tell the police. (As far as I know they are still there.)

is your avatar a cb900c?
Quote by epiless
is your avatar a cb900c?

No those are pretty cool but I think it's a Honda Shadow. I might change it to a Kawasaki Vulcan 900 tomorrow though.

Anyway, should they just call the police department again or just go straight to a higher power?
Call the police and say they are scared for their lives. Being drunk in the home is legal.

But I bet the issue is more complicated. I bet the mom isn't really being completely honest about the situation, because she probably loves the crazy stepdad.
Quote by trueamerican
Call the police and say they are scared for their lives. Being drunk in the home is legal.

But I bet the issue is more complicated. I bet the mom isn't really being completely honest about the situation, because she probably loves the crazy stepdad.

I wouldnt be surprised, but I'm getting this information from my girlfriend. Her mom most likely does love him but she did take the initiative to kick him out of their house and not allow him back. He was staying up for days and becoming very aggressive, and she knew she couldn't let him stay around the kids that way.
But that doesn't mean she wants him gone. Maybe she thinks he'll cool off and come back normal. She's probably lying to herself.
Yeah that's true, I'll call myself the next time he shows up over there. He already left so I know they definitely won't do anything this time and I don't know where he stays.
Ok I know u mad and you're concerned for Lady Aids's wellbeing, but put yourself in the cops' perspective.
Quote by space aids
Okay my girlfriend has been texting me because her step dad came to their house and tried to run her over with his truck. Then he almost stabbed her mom. This isn't the first time he has done these things and has been arrested before. We also know for a fact he is on drugs. So they called the cops and he left before they got there.

Domestic disturbance. Something about a high stepdad going crazy and becoming violent. Suspect had left, we took statements from the people present.

Wait, hang on...
But then he came back and they called the cops again, cops got there and didn't do anything. Nothing. All they said was "We can't do anything unless someone is hit or killed."
Was he there when they got back?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Wow. Take it over their heads, but fully expect NOTHING to be done. Your expectation should be total bottom right now. What's done is probably all that will be done. Yes, every place has cops that shitty; no, not all cops are that shitty.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

i feel like either you arent telling us both sides of the story, or the situation isnt as grave as you are painting it.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Take matters into your own hands TS. Find the stepdad and leave a bag of burning poop on his doorstep.

But seriously, I hate cops. They are a serious disappointment.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
Quote by beyondthegrave
well if hes bein a dick they could always just kill him and claim self defence.

this

if you can't play nice with the other kids ever then you just need a permanent time out
Quote by space aids
No those are pretty cool but I think it's a Honda Shadow. I might change it to a Kawasaki Vulcan 900 tomorrow though.

Anyway, should they just call the police department again or just go straight to a higher power?

I couldnt quite tell a lot of the hondas look the same, I actually own a cb900 love that thing haha.
But OT sometimes cops cant do shit, its not a perfect system.
Quote by space aids
Yes, he was still there.

Yeah, I'm thinking there is either more to the story or possibly being over dramatized.

If he was there, and he actually had outstanding warrants, there's no reason they wouldn't have arrested him.

The other stuff is just hearsay and the cops really can't do anything if there isn't evidence of a crime occurring.
Police are jerks everywhere. They are arrogant and go on power trips every chance they get. I've lost all faith in this world's justice system.
יהוה

[][]
/ \

Quote by sinisa

How about actually doing something rather than asking everyone here questions?
Quote by jugglingfreak
Yeah, I'm thinking there is either more to the story or possibly being over dramatized.

If he was there, and he actually had outstanding warrants, there's no reason they wouldn't have arrested him.

The other stuff is just hearsay and the cops really can't do anything if there isn't evidence of a crime occurring.

If he wasn't there either time I wouldn't have even posted this thread. Those cops were probably just lazy because it was about 12:00, and it's Alabama we're talking about (dumbest state I have ever been in ever) so what can you expect.

Quote by epiless
I couldnt quite tell a lot of the hondas look the same, I actually own a cb900 love that thing haha.
But OT sometimes cops cant do shit, its not a perfect system.

Yeah a lot of them do look the same, a Rebel is basically the same thing as a Shadow but smaller. The distinguished one is the Shadow Phantom. (My dream bike!!!) By the way, nice bike dude!
Last edited by space aids at Mar 28, 2011,
Quote by technicolour
what kind of drugs is he on? MARAJUANIA CIGARETTESSS?

lol no it's either crack or meth, hence the staying up for days. He also has a yellow tint to the whites of his eyes. Restraining order would be good if the mom would follow through with it.
Cops get beaten up here all the time, that's even more stupid than your story
Gear:
----------------------
Jack and Danny Brothers Ls-5
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
Zoom g9.2tt (for sale (NL))
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant
restraining order
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
Honestly i would tell your girlfriends mom to buy a pump shotgun.

Just its presence and sound of the pump is most likely enough to stop the step-dad. If it gets far enough where action needs to be taken she could actually use it.

[Assuming you're in the U.S. due to you saying truck.]
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Quote by technicolour
what kind of drugs is he on? MARAJUANIA CIGARETTESSS?

I heard of a teenage girl smoking reefer then murdering her family with an axe.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
The police are not obligated to protect citizens, despite what it says on the side of the car.
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Quote by boreamor
The real cops have a new number. It's 9118999 88199 9119 725 3

The IT Crowd?
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
Quote by Spartan101400
These cops don't care about the well being of their citizens, they should be stripped of their badges immediately.

Seriously, this. Cops love that probable cause any other time. Jesus Christ, call them again, ask to speak to someone else, do something, but this is ridiculous!
Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
And you think you're so clever and class less and free
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see

A working class hero is something to be.
Quote by space aids
If he wasn't there either time I wouldn't have even posted this thread. Those cops were probably just lazy because it was about 12:00, and it's Alabama we're talking about (dumbest state I have ever been in ever) so what can you expect.

Yeah a lot of them do look the same, a Rebel is basically the same thing as a Shadow but smaller. The distinguished one is the Shadow Phantom. (My dream bike!!!) By the way, nice bike dude!

yeah the thing is like new only 8 thousand miles all the chrome and paint is in really great shape cause its been in a garage its whole life. thing is fast as shit too i hit 50mph in first without redlining.

OT, a lot of this is hearsay and probably a bit dramatized. I called the cops the other night on my neighbors about them being loud and fighting, they were there within 5 minutes.
Quote by space aids
Okay my girlfriend has been texting me because her step dad came to their house and tried to run her over with his truck. Then he almost stabbed her mom. This isn't the first time he has done these things and has been arrested before. We also know for a fact he is on drugs. So they called the cops and he left before they got there. But then he came back and they called the cops again, cops got there and didn't do anything. Nothing. All they said was "We can't do anything unless someone is hit or killed."

BULL.

He trespassed on their property and threatened their lives, and he already has warrants for his arrest anyway. So basically, this dangerous person is allowed to go free because he hasn't killed anyone yet even though he repeatedly tries to. Is there anything that can be done about it? Anyone to contact who could do something about it? I don't want him going off the deep end and actually killing them.

Do you live in Canada? Because all that describes Canada to me.
seriously, take matters into your own hand, most cops are garbage at their jobs, so take matters in your own hand, kick the living shit out of him, and never let him forget it, he tries anything again, show him what's up.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Page 1 of 2