I know a lot of people who use 2 delays (often identical ones). What I'd like to know is: do they / you guys use that 2nd one as a backup pedal, is it just a preset convenience thing (like, 1 is set at 800 ms for solos and such while the other one is set at a "Tom Morello slapback" 50 ms tempo) or do you genuinely combine the 2 for unique effects??

I myself love the long delay time with lots of gain, average feedback and a volume pedal for those awesome violin-like volume swells

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Quote by shwilly
I know a lot of people who use 2 delays (often identical ones). What I'd like to know is: do they / you guys use that 2nd one as a backup pedal, is it just a preset convenience thing (like, 1 is set at 800 ms for solos and such while the other one is set at a "Tom Morello slapback" 50 ms tempo) or do you genuinely combine the 2 for unique effects??

I myself love the long delay time with lots of gain, average feedback and a volume pedal for those awesome violin-like volume swells

what genre do you play? me, i play U2 stuff and british rock, so delay is like a necessity for me... delays with high levels and long feedback
IListen to: the echo song by paul gilbert that might give you an idea also just experiment a bit with delay it can be fun and rewarding
Quote by The Real Ming

Wanted to post this. It's awesome.
Quote by shwilly

I have just 3 different delays. Deluxe Memory Man for modulated analog delays, El Capistan for tape delays and DL4 for digital and weird stuff like swells and reverse and fun stereo shit.
A cool trick I do with delays with stereo outs is to use both outputs, run the left side into some other effects and then into a Ysplitter (so it's reconnecting the signal) and then run the Right output straight to the Y splitter.

You end up with some amazingly lush delay sounds. I've had great results with another delay set to slap back, a tremelo and a phaser. I have my suspicions that a polyphonic pitch shifter would make for amazing results.

There's a sample on my YouTube page.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

I personally love running a reverse reverb into a slightly modulated delay. Great for filling out sections in an interesting way.
I like turning the fx mix all the way down, turn the "kill dry" on to kill the dry signal. This means no sound should come through. Feedback to infinite, long delay time, and lay down some natural harmonics, using my micro-pog whenever I feel necessary to either create glockenspiel sounding octave up sounds or sub octave bass drones. Can also use a volume pedal to swell stuff in, and a EQ before the delay pedal to get some pad/violin sounds in.

Then slowly bring the fx level up and listen to what ever ambience I've made. Then I can press the "spill over" button, turn the delay pedal off so that my playing does not effect the sound but the previously made sounds carry on, and then play a song over the top of the random diatonic glockenspiely organy mess I've made
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
anyone love coldplay delays? i think they are unique.. what pedals doe she use? they seems to be just different sounding..
FeedBack at 100% while swelling in. Eeerie
In the intro the weird ambience and the chords are a single guitar
http://sharing.andresgallo.com/DarkLullaby.mp3

In here at 3:40 you'll here another cool effect. To do that i set the with a feedback nearly at 100% but not quite as i dont wanted to keep repeating forever
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHiTxN0YKjU

The intro here uses pick scrapes followed by a quick tapped chord
http://sharing.andresgallo.com/Fly.mp3

I love the delay. If you like making interesting sounds ckeck out the Ring Thing pedal
low intensity delay with 2 or 3 repeats with a little reverb....ittle turn anything into a lead tone for distortion :P
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Another interesting delay trick if stereo is available as well as a tremolo is to send one channel to the return and the other to a really wide but fast tremolo
I set up a dotted eighth note delay, with about eight repeats. Absolutely amazing for volume swells. Add reverb and a phaser for added awesomeness.
One pedal (digital) set for high level and repeats in triplets -> another (preferably more analog sounding) pedal set at quarter notes with a bit less level and repeats is awesome. I do this with my Boss DD-6 and Strymon Brigadier, and slamming down Warp mode on the DD-6 (preferably with a bit of dirt) after hitting a chord pretty hard brings tha noize
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet