Is it safe to store electronics like tuners, power cords, instrument cables, batteries, iPods, etc in speaker cabinets? My concern is the magnets in the speakers..... I've read that they aren't that strong, but I want to make sure.

Would any of the above items even get damaged if in contact with the speaker itself?
PM to contact me -- For Sale:
ESP X-Tone series hard case
Big Muff Pi
MXR 10 Band EQ (maybe)
Boss RV-3
Depends on the speakers and the magnet. Really the only thing I wouldn't put in there is the iPod unless you want it wiped and completely screwed up especially if its one with a disc harddrive and not a SS one. Batteries, cables, and pedals should be ok.
It's a small 1x8 SS combo.

http://www.soundonmind.com/files/speaker%20diagram%201%20-%20lables%20(flat).png

So assuming that the magnet starts where that rectangular, gray portion is on the picture, I measured from there to the bottom of the cabinet which is 3 and a half inches. I'm planning on building a small, padded compartment on the bottom so if the amp moves around, the stuff I put in it doesn't rattle or move around. Do you think 3 and a half inches away from the magnet is far enough for an iPod? It's an iPod video... not sure on its specs.
Big Muff Pi
MXR 10 Band EQ (maybe)
Boss RV-3
Not when the iPod is worth more than the amp itself. It's not worth it.
Alrighty. And for confirmation.... cables, power cords, pedals and tuners are completely safe to put in there? Even if it's possible that they come pretty close to the speaker?
Big Muff Pi
MXR 10 Band EQ (maybe)
Boss RV-3