Went up north to visit some family in Santa Cruz and came back with this!

A Squier '51!

Came with a Gator case and a Schaller locking strap setup, I guess you'd call it. The strap and strap nut things? Never bothered with locking straps.

This thing plays fantastically for a squier, and im planning on truly raping it with mods in the future.

So I guess I'll ask you guys what you think it's worth first, cause I dont know what kind of deal i got.
Last edited by SKArface McDank at Mar 28, 2011,
Quote by Syriel
No idea with the price, but that looks hella sexy for a squire.

x2... didn't know that model.
Gear:
MXR Super Badass -->
BOSS SD WAZA -->
FENDER CD 140 SCE -->
MXR M300 REVERB -->
TC ELECTRONIC FLASHBACK
ESP EC 401 VF TSB -->
BOSS KATANA HEAD 100 WATT -->
MILF Tease
looks good. Pics of the strap pegs? Schaller is pretty distinct in its look
Quote by theogonia777
Lefthandedkid is super awesome, ja?

Quote by rgrockr
I guess fire extinguishers have to be filled with something other than fire retardant now, because apparently that's offensive.

Watch my stream?
i've heard that a '51 is one of the better guitars squiers made in the past 10 years or so. they look pretty cool to
[Cool Post-N00b of the Pedalboard Thread]
Guitars:Fender Am. Standard Telecaster, Gibson SG
Amp:Fender Blues Jr.
Pedals:EQD Dream Crusher->Polytune->PH-1r->Fulldrive 2->Barber LTD->Catalinbread DLS->CE-3->Strymon El Capistan->EQD Ghost Echo
i had one, it had a great neck.

overall it's a great mod platform.

i agree with the $150-200 used, although stores blew them out for a lot less when they became discontinued iirc.

congrats.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Yeah i'm with gregs on that one. The neck is pretty killer on the 51's i used to have one. Felt like a guitar that cost way more then what i paid.
I'd have to agree with approximately $200 used.
It's a really nice guitar for that kind of money though - with a bit of TLC you can make it into something absolutely amazing.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
It's one of the few guitars made recently that the value has actually gone up in the past few years. Originally, these things sold for less than $100US, now you'll be lucky to walk away spending twice that on one.

Also, TS, just so you know, modding it will greatly diminish the resale value.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Thanks for all the feedback! I already love this guitar as much as my jackson, Im not sure if ill even be considering selling it, I dont see the value going up past $250 or so, and until i fall in love with a fender im going to stick with this baby, maybe change a few things that are reversible

I bought it for $150 by the way, so i guess i got a decent deal 'cause of the strap locks and case

i dont get why they would discontinue these though, they gathered such a following, i only wish i could have known when they were on blow out everywhere
and here's that strap lock pic
Last edited by SKArface McDank at Mar 28, 2011,