Hello UGs

Finally got my first tube head after a long trip with SS amps

It's a Marshall Haze 15 head with the lovely 1960a Cab, i was trying to buy a 1x12 or 2x12 cab but i couldnt find it in my country (Egypt) until i found the 1960 in one of the local guitar stores here.

The amp has a nice tubey tone, not very high gain unless you use an OD/ booster or other pedals.

I play classic rock (Floyd, Zeppelin, etc..) & Thrash metal, it suits classic rock very well but for metal I use pedals like Hardwire TL-2 or Blackstar HT-Dual.

The cab is also amazing and suits the genres i play, very loud but a little crispy if i use the bright button on the amp.

I paid $700 for the amp and $900 for the cab.

cheers
Attachments:
Untitled.jpg
HNAD dude! Some pretty steep gear prices you guys got over there in Egypt.
Not too bad, though.

Hope it suits you well.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
Last edited by ConfederateAxe at Mar 28, 2011,
thanks my friend

yeah the taxes here ar freakin' too much man, but no other alternative.

Hey, at least you got good Healthcare coverage, right?

Sure, gear prices may be decent here in the states, but a cheap Marshall won't treat cancer.
i love seeing small heads on huge 4x12's that made my day

HNAD
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
Quote by ConfederateAxe
Hey, at least you got good Healthcare coverage, right?

Sure, gear prices may be decent here in the states, but a cheap Marshall won't treat cancer.

Canada has great healthcare and low(ish) taxes and prices.

Happy New Amp Day!

How do you like that Blackstar HT-DUAL?
It's my favorite pedal and in my opinion the best overdrive ever, save for a few select boutique pedals.
..I was watching my death.
I really like the HT dual, its my main distortion/OD pedal, very versatile.
I also swapped the Sovtek tube with a Tung-sol 12AX7 tube and it made a huge difference in the tone.
Quote by timbit2006
Canada has great healthcare and low(ish) taxes and prices.

Happy New Amp Day!

How do you like that Blackstar HT-DUAL?
It's my favorite pedal and in my opinion the best overdrive ever, save for a few select boutique pedals.

Yeah but the accents alone would be enough to put me in the hospital.