Hi,
So I'm gonna be away from my guitar for like two months!! Now the only thing I'm afraid is about loosing my finger flexibility and Dexterity!!! What can I do to keep my fingers flexible and without compromising with dexterity??
ACE AND THE ASS
This or this.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Maybe a powerball as well, keep your forearms/wrist in shape for it.
Quote by mattchoignr
Try the Shred neck, it seems pretty cool. Zakk Wylde endorses it

Zakk Wylde would endorse tampons if they offered him enough money.

TS, unless you can get hold of a guitar just forget about it - there's nothing you can do that's going to make any noticeable difference.

Shrednecks, Powerballs, Gripmasters et al are all a waste of time, they really don't do anything that directly helps with guitar playing. If you must do something then spend some time sudying some theory and working on ear training.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by ady.gravity
Hi,
So I'm gonna be away from my guitar for like two months!! Now the only thing I'm afraid is about loosing my finger flexibility and Dexterity!!! What can I do to keep my fingers flexible and without compromising with dexterity??

You won't lose anything.
Just ease back into your practice routine - whatever dexterity you have now will come right back pretty soon after you get back to practicing.

I second the advice above about working on theory/ear training during that time off.

You'll get WAY more out of that than squeezing a ball.
I have found that when you first start back you will think, I have lost all the progress I made. Then, with just 2 or 3 sessions, you will be right back to the level you are used to.
Quote by steven seagull

Shrednecks, Powerballs, Gripmasters et al are all a waste of time, they really don't do anything that directly helps with guitar playing. If you must do something then spend some time sudying some theory and working on ear training.

Jackson RR3 - BKP Painkiller/Warpig
Bugera 333XL 212
Pod Studio UX1
MXR Smart Gate
Hardwire CM-2
Quote by steven seagull

TS, unless you can get hold of a guitar just forget about it - there's nothing you can do that's going to make any noticeable difference.

^^^THIS^^^
Quote by MetlHed94

Well played, sir, well played.
i think most important thing is to memorize your music rather than thinking about your fingers strength .once i also didnt play guitar for like 6 months, but when i get my guitar back, within first day i was almost there. within some day things goes back to normal.
Krank up your stereo/ipod and play air guitar - atleast it will be fun :P until you get your axe back in your hands theres nothing you can do, two weeks isnt that much, its even possible that youll play some parts ever better than before - stuff like this happens very often.
Well studying theory I guess would be the perfect thing to do. I can always get my hands back to work after few exercises!! But how would I Study Ear Training without a guitar???
ACE AND THE ASS
Lots of other things make noise
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull

Original

Quote by steven seagull
Zakk Wylde would endorse tampons if they offered him money.

Fix'd

Quote by steven seagull
Zakk Wylde would endorse tampons.

Fix'd again...
Last edited by Arby911 at Mar 29, 2011,
Quote by ady.gravity
Well studying theory I guess would be the perfect thing to do. I can always get my hands back to work after few exercises!! But how would I Study Ear Training without a guitar???

AIR GUITAR!!!

Sing what you would usually play. Then when you get back play what you sing. It's a pretty simple technique but it works. It gets you to play what you feel, instead of playing what you think it should sound like

"An air guitarist never plays a sour note"
Quote by MetlHed94

Quote by DocArunas
Krank up your stereo/ipod and play air guitar - atleast it will be fun :P until you get your axe back in your hands theres nothing you can do, two weeks isnt that much, its even possible that youll play some parts ever better than before - stuff like this happens very often.

Damn, you beat me too it
Quote by MetlHed94

You could do some of those desk-based finger independence exercises for a couple of minutes a day. Search them on youtube, there's loads.

If anything it might actually help you to be away from the guitar by refreshing your hands for whatever exercises and stuff you do.
I love this Idea Of Air Guitar Only If I could hook it up to an Air Amp. and An air Effect pedal :P Well thanxx Guys I think I don't need to worry any more!! I'm gonna get a print out of this thread!!
ACE AND THE ASS