Hi,

I would like to change the electronics that I have in my bass (Ibanez ATK400) so I can adjust what Mid frequency I boost / cut.
I have only found one system so far which can do this - the Ibanez Vari-Mid III but the local Ibanez dealer company gave me a price which is quite high. Unfortunately I could not find any other place to purchase it from yet.

I would like to ask if you know about other electronics systems like the VMIII so I can check them and their prices...
Or maybe if any of you guys has a VMIII that you do not use that would be great as well

The other thing that I do not know if the 5-way pickup switch I have in my ATK would make the installation of the electronics more difficult?

Many thanks for your help / adivces!
"When i've got the music
I've got a place to go"

Quote by watchingmefall
Goog luck killing everybody at VH1.

Member #37 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!
Last edited by een at Mar 28, 2011,
The Aguliar OBP-3 does what you want off the top of my head. East, Shadowsky, Glockenlang and Auditore pres would be others to look into as well. And I'd take any product made by any of those brands over Ibanez electronics.

EDIT: The aggie will run you about $150 USD. Bass Central ships worldwide and has a huge range of stuff. I can't imagine Hungarian prices being on the cheaper side of things so buying from the US is probably your best bet.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Last edited by consecutive e at Mar 28, 2011,
I checked the Aguilar but it does not include the sweepable midrange only a selector between 2 given frequencies.

Will check the other manufacturers you mentioned, thanks!
"When i've got the music
I've got a place to go"

Quote by watchingmefall

Hey? The OBP has a mid boost and cut, which is what you wanted right?
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Bass, mid and treble boost and cut I already have - what I would like to have is to set the frequency like in a parametric EQ.

Thanks for the advice btw East seems to have what I am looking for
"When i've got the music
I've got a place to go"

Quote by watchingmefall