Page 1 of 2
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12883511

Here's the article to save bandwidth;

The aircraft carrier HMS Ark Royal has gone up for sale on the Ministry of Defence's auction website.

The Royal Navy's former flagship was decommissioned two weeks ago after 25 years' service as part of the government's defence budget review.

Proposals for it include turning it into a commercial heliport, a base for security personnel during the London Olympics, or a school and nightclub.

But it could also be sold for scrap like its sister ship HMS Invincible.

Ark Royal's operations have included leading the UK's naval forces during the invasion of Iraq.

The current ship is the fifth vessel to carry the name - the first saw battle in 1588 against the Spanish Armada.
Destroyers

Interested bidders are being invited to view Ark Royal at her home port, Portsmouth Naval Base, on 3 and 4 May.

Before they can attend, they must submit an outline of their "intentions regarding the vessel" to the Ministry of Defence (MoD).

The aircraft carrier is listed on the edisposals.com website, which is run by the MoD's Defence Equipment and Support arm.

It has a budget of £14bn to equip the UK's armed forces with everything from aircraft to clothing, and in order to supplement that, it regularly sells off kit that is no longer needed.

Also on sale currently are three Type-42 destroyers - HMS Exeter, HMS Southampton and HMS Nottingham.

HMS Invincible, which saw action in the Falklands War, was towed away last week to a scrapyard in Turkey.

Bidders have until 1000 BST on 13 June to put their tenders forward for Ark Royal.

I may take out a loan and declare war on Greenland. Just for the lulz.
Also, I'm not suggesting UG buy it.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
How much is the shipping?

Quote by Moggan13

FUCK YEAH GHERKIN PALS!!

Yeah, I use a Squier Strat.
Last edited by DecaPodge at Mar 28, 2011,
Quote by DecaPodge

well played, sir, well played.
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin
and dance around in your bones

But I want the UG Missle Silo

Edit: ^I just made a very loud, "PFFFFFFF!!" in the middle of my math class, and now have to talk to my professor after class... Damn puns.
Last edited by wizards? at Mar 28, 2011,
Quote by DecaPodge

How do you ship a ship?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Carefully. I recon piratebay and wikileaks should buy it and put their servers on it.
Quote by Jackal58
How do you ship a ship?

With another ship.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by Jackal58
How do you ship a ship?

You break it all down and send it flat pack.

Gotta hope you don't lose any bolts when you put it back together because I have enough trouble with chairs let alone a flat pack aircraft carrier.
Quote by wizards?

Edit: ^I just made a very loud, "PFFFFFFF!!" in the middle of my math class, and now have to talk to my professor after class... Damn puns.

*is also in math class*

Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

One of those cases that i wish i was unbelievably rich, so i could buy one. Just to say "I have an Aircraft carrier".
Quote by wizards?

Hahahaha sorry!
Quote by Moggan13

FUCK YEAH GHERKIN PALS!!

Quote by Jackal58
How do you ship a ship?

With another ship, of course.

Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Finally something suitable for putting in my batthub.
Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned because f*ck you Hebriqui.
I'd been going for a month or so.

Quote by Peres.T.Peanut
oh **** you
Quote by JustRooster
Think of what a bitchin' hotel that could be.

Rivet town or bust.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
I think all the members of UG should donate some money, and this officially becomes the shared property of UG members....

and every year, this carrier will sail around the world, hoarding up all UG members on board and we'll have one massive annual "UG Carrier Meet Jam/Concert"

Nevermore, Lamb of God, Slayer, Hatebreed and Slayer will be playing, and booze will be sponsored by Budweiser.

Sound idea to me
Quote by sewoo55
I think all the members of UG should donate some money, and this officially becomes the shared property of UG members....

and every year, this carrier will sail around the world, hoarding up all UG members on board and we'll have one massive annual "UG Carrier Meet Jam/Concert"

Nevermore, Lamb of God, Slayer, Hatebreed and Slayer will be playing, and booze will be sponsored by Budweiser.

Sound idea to me

Quote by sewoo55

Quote by sewoo55
Slayer, Hatebreed and Slayer will be playing

Quote by sewoo55
Slayer, Hatebreed and Slayer

How is that possible!?
Quote by Moggan13

FUCK YEAH GHERKIN PALS!!

Quote by sewoo55
Nevermore, Lamb of God, Slayer, Hatebreed and Slayer will be playing

Well not getting my donation it appears...get Rebecca Black to open and we may have a deal though...
Quote by sewoo55

Sound idea to me

Lose the Nevermore and I'm in, especially for the double Slayer.

SLAYER!
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by Dreadnought
Ark Royal is a sweet name

We Brits are awesome at naming our ships. We don't name them after dead Prime Ministers. We either give them manly names like Victory, Ark Royal or Invincible, or we name them after cities like..... Coventry. *Ahem*

Quote by Jackal58
Rivet town or bust.

Dear god, yes. Let's buy it, toss it in the middle of Utah, and recreate the entire wastes so I can live Fallout. Who's a genetic engineer, here?
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by sewoo55

Sound idea to me

I now understand the motivations of a kamikaze pilot.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by sewoo55

Sound idea to me

They have heavy metal cruises you know.
Quote by JustRooster
Dear god, yes. Let's buy it, toss it in the middle of Utah, and recreate the entire wastes so I can live Fallout. Who's a genetic engineer, here?

I'm not but I'd happily live there if I get to run a museum and name myself after presidents.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by JustRooster

I'll be the junkie husband of the chemist....

Anyone got any Jet? Could really do with a fix right now...
Proposals for it include turning it into a commercial heliport, a base for security personnel during the London Olympics, or a school and nightclub.

Wish I'd been at that school.
Quote by Don_Humpador
Wish I'd been at that school.

Haha "SCHOOL'S OUT!"
-foghorn-
-Windows of Central London smash-
Quote by Moggan13

FUCK YEAH GHERKIN PALS!!

Quote by DecaPodge
Haha "SCHOOL'S OUT!"
-foghorn-
-Windows of Central London smash-

P.E would be pretty terrible if you kick the last football off the flightdeck...
Page 1 of 2