Page 1 of 3
I had the Bugera 1990 Cranked!!! The full 120 watts, with the volume on 10 on the clean channel, of balls to the wall madness that almost blew my ear drums! The delicious sound poured out of the speaker cab with the bliss of amazing warm tones of fully driven tubes!!!! EQ'ed it so it wasn't as shrill, dropped the presence and treble a bit, and started playing some classic riffs that sounded wonderfully amazing in every way. Pissed off the neighbors, but who cares haha There's nothing like the sound of a cranked amp!!! Overdriven tube distortion is where its at man!! Then I clicked on the fuzz pedal, and melted in creamy fuzz that would make any stoner rock fan go crazy! Haha

Sorry just had to get that out haha
Last edited by Stryker636 at Mar 28, 2011,
I had my Engl set to 10 / 10 and it wasnt as loud as i thought it would be...

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Ew, Bugera.

I used to sell those at my old work. They had so many problems, and one had a power discharge/ground issue and sent me to the hospital. The old 333xl's had a cap that exploded and caused smoke and ashes.

Sound great, until the problems.
Havent had any problems yet! And Bugera has fixed most of the problems with the new ones. And I think a lot of amps aren't as loud as you think they are going to be, one reason is when go up through the volume gradually you give your ears time to adjust with the louder noise, but if you just turn it on and crank it to 10 it will sound a lot louder, that is, until your ears adjust.
Sounds sick man. I haven't gotten a chance to crank my amp yet due to the fact that on 6 I start shaking windows. :/

Congrats on doing it man!
Gear-Ibanex rg7321 w/dimarzio pups--->Ernie Ball Jr. Vol pedal--->TS9-->Line 6 DL4--->ADA MP-1--->Marshall 9005 poweramp--->Line6 4X12 straight cab w/v30s
Thanks haha I knocked more than a couple of things off the walls and stands, and definitely rattle a few windows
do your eardrums have pressure sensor guages?

i mean, how do you know you almost blew them?

clips or it's a jcm900
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
It wasnt hard clipping but if I attacked the strings very hard it would clip, I do not have very high output p'ups either. And I learned that in health class in like 9th grade that your ears adjust to louder volumes, and I just said that for effect haha Anyway it sounded really nice to my ears, got an excellent classic rock/60's-70's tone
Gregs, it IS a JCM900, just built cheaper. Which is not a bad thing; my ex-rhythm guitarist has been playing a 1990 for a year and a half and we all still love it.
I've never been quite as happy as the day I realized I didn't have a neighbor close enough to complain if I cranked my Peavey Windsor and hit the front end with a Superfuzz. Keep burning those tubes, my brother, and let the whole world hear the glory of power tube saturation. I mean, not the whole world, I'm pretty sure you'd be in violation of some kind of noise ordinance, but the part of the world that's in your house.
I had the gain up on the clean channel so it already had some crunch, and then cranked it, started at 4, when to 6, 8, then 10. It gave a very good overdrive distortion sound, it didnt sound bad at all!
Quote by AeolianSeventh
Gregs, it IS a JCM900, just built cheaper. Which is not a bad thing; my ex-rhythm guitarist has been playing a 1990 for a year and a half and we all still love it.
I've never been quite as happy as the day I realized I didn't have a neighbor close enough to complain if I cranked my Peavey Windsor and hit the front end with a Superfuzz. Keep burning those tubes, my brother, and let the whole world hear the glory of power tube saturation. I mean, not the whole world, I'm pretty sure you'd be in violation of some kind of noise ordinance, but the part of the world that's in your house.

Haha thanks man!! I have a couple of pretty close neighbors haha and a cop lives not to far down the road, but hey, you gotta do it sometime and the fuzz made it sound ohh so delicious!
Quote by AeolianSeventh
Gregs, it IS a JCM900, just built cheaper.

no shit Sherlock.

also prove it's actually built cheaper.
I'll gladly prove it if you'll buy the plane tickets to China for me to show you the plant! Think I'm bluffing?
is crazy dude is crazy
Caparison Angelus HGS, EMG 85/85 18V | Krank Rev1, JJ's | Mesa Recto Cab | Maxon OD808
Nice dude keep rockin!

Edit: first i cranked my amp i nearly pissed myself could be due to the fact i was standing right in front of it xD
Gear:
Marshall haze40
Yamaha GA15
Line 6 pod GX
Ibanez PGM301
Yamaha self customized EG012
Jackson KVX10
Boss DS1
GE 7
BD2
CS3
Vox satchurator
Home made TS808
Belcat delay
Last edited by guitardWARf at Mar 28, 2011,
Quote by guitardWARf
Nice dude keep rockin!

Edit: first i cranked my amp i nearly pissed myself could be due to the fact i was standing right in front of it xD

Will do!! and Haha I cranked it and stood behind it then when I got the balls to stand in front, it was straight rocking for a solid 1-2 hrs without stopping! haha
Last edited by Stryker636 at Mar 28, 2011,
Quote by TheQuailman
I liked "overdriven tube distortion". Overdriven distortion. Whoa.

Also, clips or it's a Bugera.

Wait

Haha I was going to switch to the lead channel, but I decided not to because, well because I like the classic tone better than the shread tone haha

and lol'ed at the last part
Yeah, if you have the power-tube distortion going, it's nice to just use that. It would probably get a bit mushy with too much preamp gain dialed in anyway.

Still want clips.
Quote by AeolianSeventh
I'll gladly prove it if you'll buy the plane tickets to China for me to show you the plant! Think I'm bluffing?

sure no problem.

you provide the time machine so we can go back to the 90's so i can prove you wrong.

Quote by gregs1020
sure no problem.

you provide the time machine so we can go back to the 90's so i can prove you wrong.

ohhhh i wanna go on this fieldtrip!!!
I just want to buy a bunch of lps from 1957 and come back to now and start selling them
Gear-Ibanex rg7321 w/dimarzio pups--->Ernie Ball Jr. Vol pedal--->TS9-->Line 6 DL4--->ADA MP-1--->Marshall 9005 poweramp--->Line6 4X12 straight cab w/v30s
Quote by Stryker636
Will do!! and Haha I cranked it and stood behind it then when I got the balls to stand in front, it was straight rocking for a solid 1-2 hrs without stopping! haha

Yeah its nice when you not only hear your amp but feel it too
Gear:
Marshall haze40
Yamaha GA15
Line 6 pod GX
Ibanez PGM301
Yamaha self customized EG012
Jackson KVX10
Boss DS1
GE 7
BD2
CS3
Vox satchurator
Home made TS808
Belcat delay
Quote by Blick71
I just want to buy a bunch of lps from 1957 and come back to now and start selling them

your profit would be much better if you went in late 58. just sayin'.
Quote by gregs1020
your profit would be much better if you went in late 58. just sayin'.

aw crap, you're right! We'll have to make a side trip.
Quote by Blick71
aw crap, you're right! We'll have to make a side trip.

if i'm not right, i'm trollin'.

here its both, because a good bugera troll thread is a great way to start a week.
Quote by Blick71

i want to go too
Quote by bluestratplayer
Im going to initial the back of every MG in guitarcenter "ZW" and see how many threads come out thinking Zakk Wylde owned thier amp.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Just me and rhino will end in the extinction of a species.
Quote by gregs1020
if i'm not right, i'm trollin'.

here its both, because a good bugera troll thread is a great way to start a week.

but here's my question, do the flames get bigger as the volume increases?
Honestly....

most cranked amps aren't as loud as everyone makes them out to be. After a certain point on the volume knob (wherever the amp starts to break up) the amp doesn't get louder, it just gets more saturated.

I dunno. I've never found all these amps that everyone is like "OMG IS SOOOOOOOOO LOUD" to be overbearingly loud.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
My time machine is taking forever to calibrate. I think I broke the navigational equipment that time I tried to kill Hitler. Let's just agree that Marshalls and Bugeras cost the exact same amount of money to build, down to the last fraction of a penny, and defend that conviction against every other person on the forum, okay? It'll be fun!
Quote by AeolianSeventh
My time machine is taking forever to calibrate. I think I broke the navigational equipment that time I tried to kill Hitler. Let's just agree that Marshalls and Bugeras cost the exact same amount of money to build, down to the last fraction of a penny, and defend that conviction against every other person on the forum, okay? It'll be fun!

No the 900 cost less to build because it was the 90s.
Quote by beckyjc
Tinnitus - For life not just for Christmas.

Fo srs though, amps all tend to sound balls when there on 10, seems uneccisary.

/oldfart

Also this.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Get some nice quality earplugs. They make some nice ones for musicians that just take decibels off the sound but still let you hear your amp accurately.

Cranked t00b amps are the best
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Page 1 of 3