I don't know about you guys, but I have a tough time taking sides on many politically related issues, and just feeling informed. This is because I find it so difficult to believe the quantitative (and even sometimes qualitative!) data that people/groups/campaigns will try to feed people. Every story has a counter story and almost all of it sounds like it makes sense because, well, these guys know what they are doing.

Granted, I'm not that into politics, but still...

Anybody else encounter this?
Tick tock and waiting for the meteor
This clock is opening another door
I follow the rage. I have instinctive, strong, reactions to issues, and base my opinions off the bile.
I try to base political opinion off of principals I have, but those conflict very often on many things so it can be hard for me to properly commit to something.
If music was the food of love I'd be a fat romantic slob.
Not sure how you can have difficultiy feeling opinionated. You literally just need an opinon, and not be a pussy about someone challenging it.

Informed....thats another issue....
Quote by Msword7
I don't know about you guys, but I have a tough time taking sides on many politically related issues, and just feeling informed. This is because I find it so difficult to believe the quantitative (and even sometimes qualitative!) data that people/groups/campaigns will try to feed people. Every story has a counter story and almost all of it sounds like it makes sense because, well, these guys know what they are doing.

Granted, I'm not that into politics, but still...

Anybody else encounter this?

Nope. I assume all politicians are liars and base my political opinions on philosophy.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Better than taking a stance on an issue you know very little about just for the sake of it, so you can say it fits your supposed ideology or whatever. Either actually learn your shit in a reasonable amount of depth, or have the sense to admit you lack knowledge on a certain subject. You shouldn't just regurgitate something you read or heard somewhere in order to sound politically informed, or worse than just trying to portray that image, actually believe that you are.
Don't become political, it will turn you into a dick.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Yeah. Someone must fight the hordes of idiots voting Frp next election. A child molester, and a politically misinformed woman is among their top positions. *shriek*
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
I have strong opinions but they way they're presented by certain political parties makes it depressing so I just ignore everything, since nothing will go according to plan anyway.
cat
Quote by guitarxo
I have strong opinions but they way they're presented by certain political parties makes it depressing so I just ignore everything, since nothing will go according to plan anyway.

This exactly. Politics shit me. We're fucked either way so I just draw pictures on the ballot paper. I wish we weren't made to vote over here.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
My political knowledge extends about as far as knowing that the Conservative party used the worst/most stupid marketing campaign ever; but coupled with an equally idiotic population it seemed to work for them.

Their campaign was:

"We say vote Conservative for 3 reasons:

1 - Labour is rubbish
2 - Gordon Brown is rubbish
3 - Conservative is better than Labour"

I would pay good money to see David Cameron shot in the face.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club